Ferne Clyffe Waterfall Trail

Ferne Clyffe Waterfall Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goreville, IL that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

A moderately difficult 0.75-mile hike that begins a Deer Ridge Campground and also leads to the waterfall

Love this trail. I've hiked it more times than I can count, and it's always great. You can walk straight to the waterfall and back and the trail is perfectly flat and easy for trail rates strollers. That makes the trail much shorter, though.

beautiful views and an easy trail to navigate for a nice walk.

Nice hike for kids or those who only want a short hike. Best time to come is during or right after a long rain storm. Lots of areas to explore off the main trail.

the "waterfall" was dried up. but there was caves on the other side of the park that was fun.

One of my favorites. To see the waterfall you should hike it in the late Spring, early Summer or after a period of rainy weather for the area. Very easy trail, strollers can be taken on it.

me and my four yr old hiked today. it was beautiful and fun. most the water was dried up though.

Beautiful spot. Hiked in from campground along the base of the cliffs. Great experience viewing the rock faces, plants growing out of rock, cool air from the cracks/caves. Trail to the falls is easy and flat, a mother was pushing a stroller. Very little water but still breathtaking.

Rocks to climb. Pet on leash. Walk with kids. Loved it!

Beautiful! Living in western KY all my life I can't believe I've never been here. Easy, short trail to falls, but lots of side trails for more adventure. My 2 boys looooved it!

Fun hike with all types of terrain on and off trails

Great easy trail for everyone, wide, flat and easy for everyone. Lots of rocks along the way for kids to climb on. And the waterfall is beautiful!

I don't think this one is 2 miles, maybe 1? But I would have to check next time. Very easy. Kids love the water and waterfall.

nice trail. we started at the campground and went the wrong way when we got to the main trail. a sign would had been nice. oh well. had a blast, was easy enough for my 2 kiddos and the dog we had with us.

Beautiful waterfall, skeptical about this trail being 2 miles. Still enjoyed the hike, and climbing up behind the waterfall. This is at a state park and another hiker said there are other worthwhile trails the area, but we were at the end of our trip and had to leave.