Farmdale Recreation Area

Farmdale Recreation Area is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washington, IL that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

mosquitoes were really bad when i went but the trails were pretty good.

Went there once, about 2 years ago and have never gone back. We got lost, trail markers were terrible. Would have wondered for hours if some guys hadn't of told us how to get out. I know it is a favorite, but be careful.

After living in Peoria for many years and being an avid hiker, I just recently discovered Farmdale. It is beautiful out there! My husband and I go frequently with our dog and there are many trails of varying lengths and difficulties to hike. You can even walk along the creek bed and our dog can wade in when the weather's hot.

My favorite area to go mountain biking in mid Illinois

Really pretty scenery even in winter. Went with a group of seasoned runners who knew where they were going. Would've been lost without a guide. Will definitely go again.

Alot of different trails based on ability. sometimes difficult to find your way back to the trail head. Super fun part of park with jumps and obstacles near trail head.

Good for mountain biking!

Farmdale is a wonderful adventure. Well marked, well traveled, and never crowded (except on those crazy Cub Scout days). Has some awesome hills, for the intermediate cyclist. Lots of fun!

Trails were great for the race on the 23rd.

A good variety of challenging trails for bikers winding through both canopied and tranquil wooded areas. Some family-friendly roads and gentle inclines, and lots of single-track winding through the hillside for the more adventurous. It would be a challenge for an average rider to explore the entire site in a single day. The trails are marked for "allowed usage" and difficulty, but not for direction. I didn't see any "This way back to the trailhead" signs. Pay attention to the map and give yourself plenty of time before sunset in case you get lost. Better yet, take your iPhone or GPS. I sure was glad I had mine!

This is a fun ride through the woods. Deer bed next to the trail so lookout. My 3 year old also enjoys hiking here.

We did the trail for the first time yesterday. I have ridden mountain bikes in Colorado, Montana, Idaho and Texas. This trail was a nice surprise to find In Central Illinois.
The location isn't near Hanna City , more like Washington/East Peoria.

I updated trailhead location.

First off the location is incorrect. Farmdale is located south of Sunnyland and east of East Peoria. The trail system is a must do in central Il offering a good mix of single track. Pay attention to the map in the parking lot because it can be confusing. Certain areas need a few days after rain to dry out.