Carpenter Park

Carpenter Park is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, IL that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It's a beatiful, peaceful and quite trail. We recommend this trail for a romantic hand held experience

Quiet. Serene. Peaceful.

Great! Slightly muddy in some spots. I would not classify the trails as difficult. No steep inclines that I encountered at least. I explored 3 of the trails in less than an hour. I would have stayed longer but it was getting dark.

not a bad hike it a little muddy/slippery on the paths but it has been raining.

Nice park with several trail options. Not very long though.

I like the long walks easy hikes out here but not full of nature like I expected. But it doesn't stop me from coming back yearly. Spring / fall this place is beautiful lots of memories with my daughter .

Very good

It was a nice little hike especially for being so close to town

Carpenter Park is nothing fancy but for central Illinois hiking it's not bad. Some trails down to the Sangamon River bluffs are even kind of hilly. This time I hiked west across the tracks into the Gurgen Nature Preserve which also has some trails. It's not listed but is directly west of Carpenter Park. I wouldn't hike Riverside. It's more for driving through and stopping to fish.