Busse Woods Loop Trail

Busse Woods Loop Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Elk Grove Village, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

scenic driving

We will be doing this again in the summer.

Wide trail for runners, walkers, bikes, strollers, etc. The earlier in the day you go the friendlier the people are. Love stopping by the elk

Had a nice group outing here. We did the full 7 mile loop trail. Some wonderful fall colors and lake view. Trail is paved so more of a walk than a hike. Very busy constantly moving out of the way of bikers. Sounds of traffic and airplanes never leave you for the span of the trail so not much peace and quiet. The lake views are lovely and it was an overall nice experience.

Great run

Love the views from this paved (and often overcrowded) trail.

Glass-half-empty people will complain that it's crowded, but on the positive side, Busse Woods is one of the best places to people watch the various cultures that live in the area. The eastern Europeans often inspire me because I regularly see people old enough to be my parents, but who are rollerblading or biking faster than me.

Fun because it's close but it is basic and crowded.

Super easy, flat. Hike or bike. Nice way to get a little nature fix outside of the city.

I walked the Busse Woods Loop Trail during my recent trip to Chicago area. The trail was flat and fully asphalt paved so it is not much a hiking but an easy walking. I walked the loop in 2 hours. The woods was peaceful and the traffic was light on a late Friday afternoon. I enjoyed it.