Busse Woods Loop Trail

Busse Woods Loop Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Elk Grove Village, IL. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

off road driving

scenic driving

Had a nice group outing here. We did the full 7 mile loop trail. Some wonderful fall colors and lake view. Trail is paved so more of a walk than a hike. Very busy constantly moving out of the way of bikers. Sounds of traffic and airplanes never leave you for the span of the trail so not much peace and quiet. The lake views are lovely and it was an overall nice experience.

Great run

Love the views from this paved (and often overcrowded) trail.

Glass-half-empty people will complain that it's crowded, but on the positive side, Busse Woods is one of the best places to people watch the various cultures that live in the area. The eastern Europeans often inspire me because I regularly see people old enough to be my parents, but who are rollerblading or biking faster than me.

Fun because it's close but it is basic and crowded.

Super easy, flat. Hike or bike. Nice way to get a little nature fix outside of the city.

I walked the Busse Woods Loop Trail during my recent trip to Chicago area. The trail was flat and fully asphalt paved so it is not much a hiking but an easy walking. I walked the loop in 2 hours. The woods was peaceful and the traffic was light on a late Friday afternoon. I enjoyed it.

Parking can be an issue especially the parking lot close the elf enclosure. Always fun to hike a bit and see the elk, but fall is really the best time to visit.

I'm from Phoenix Arizona and assigned to a project in the greater Chicago area for 6 months. After running on the treadmill at my hotel for a couple of weeks i heard about this trail system. When I first heard about a wooded erea to run in I was worried about general safty. When i got there I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived at about 5:00PM and the trails were busy will bikers, runners, roller bladers and walkers. The trails are wide and paved. There was plenty of room for the people on the trail. The woods are beautiful, you forget the are in the middle of a large city. I found the trails well marked and easy to navigate. I will definatly make use of this trail system over the next few months.

Red Trail 7.5

So much snow. It is a lengthy trail at 7.5 miles.

My only complaint is that its not used enough in some areas to have a real solid 7.5 mile ski. It was about 5.5 miles of skiing mixed with 2.0 miles of making the trail

Markers are critcal around the forest preserve section otherwise get out your compass
Ma

Although I liked a lot the set up and the easy roads, I must admit it is more of a family trail than one for the man in search of peace and tranquility. I got off the path for a little bit and ended up following a dirt trail in the woods, which was nice, but I couldn't get far enough away from the expressway to escape it's noise.
This trail represent a nice Sunday for families. Not an adventure for the man tired of urban noises.

Mostly a paved and well marked trail. Can be busy with traffic (walking and bike). Beautiful setting.

Great quality trail, good length, but encourage people to ride with a partner in off times of the season.