Stevens Lakes

Stevens Lakes is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Mullan, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fly fishing and is accessible from June until October.

fly fishing

Awesome...

Another beautiful hike. Steep hike, but so worth it

Great for beginners that want to get some good practice in! This time of year may require crampons; last week it was really snowy but this week it was clear. Make sure to plan for the weather and it'll be amazing! I would 100% suggest making your way to Upper Steven's it's an incredible view!

Beautiful and varied terrain. Fun hike!

This hike could probably be listed as moderate to strenuous. It is a pretty steady climb to the lake. Lower Stevens is pretty but if you don't continue your hike to Upper Stevens you are certainly missing out, it's gorgeous and much less crowded.

Beautiful hike in the fall.

Great day hike with a nice view!

Great trail!!! The downhill is steeper than what the uphill felt!

fun, challenging beautiful.

4 miles of steady incline going in. Do-able but definitely took breaks to catch our breath. It was a busy weekend so we hiked up to Upper Stevens. Only a short hike farther and only one other party camping out. Would recommend and definitely doing it again!

I absolutely loved this trail! Gorgeous lake, great huckleberry picking and beautiful waterfalls!

(August 7th) Amazing hike! It was a struggle for me but I kept pushing myself. Steep hills and a little rocky but it levels out often so you can catch your breath. Take a towel and extra water because your going to sweat a lot. I wore sketchers tennis shoes and was fine, just take it slow where there are rocks. Right after the waterfall there are two paths. The path to the left is a shortcut but very steep. The path to the right, which I didn't take, is a longer but easier path (so I have been told by people on the trail). I only made it to the lower lake and there were 5 or 6 camp sites, big enough for 2-3 tents.

Worth it!

This was a great hike but be prepared to work! Moderate is a bit of an understatement. Definitely worth it for the cool swim at the end (in late July).

Super fun and easy for the whole family to get up. Fish were jumping and we did catch one little one but wasn't outstanding. The crystal-clear water is amazing for swimming and relaxing I'm floating in. I love this hike.