Scout Mountain - East Fork of Mink Creek

Scout Mountain - East Fork of Mink Creek is a 13.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pocatello, ID that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Nice trail. Turned around from bad weather coming in. The little pond was a great place to stop and have a snack

Really great views and , loved the shade of the trees in the morning part of the hike! Wasn't huge on sharing the trail with a lot of 4 wheelers, atvs, and motor cross bikes because of the noise and dust but overall we enjoyed it. We were able to do it with two young kids and a dog. Definitely a family friendly one!

I've been coming here since I was little so I may be a bit biased, but this place is gorgeous. Aside from the beautiful and plentiful hiking/biking trails, there's camping and picnic areas plus a gorgeous scenic overlook.

My wife and I hiked about 4.5 miles each way on this trail, so not to the top of Scout Mountain, but far enough to enjoy some amazing scenery and views. The trail is in quite good condition in most areas. It's a bit rocky for hiking in some spots, but they are passable, and few and far between. We enjoyed it enough to want to hike it again this summer, but this time to the top!

I took this trail all the way up to the top of scout mountain. 7.3 miles one way. the first 4 miles out are awesome woods, then the last 2 miles or so are up a gravel road; great panoramic vistas though.

A different twist on this trail, I started at the crestline trail head located just east of the listed start point at an elevation of 5840ft. It is a moderate hike with the steepest portion near the end of the 3 mile hike up. You will come across a fork stay to the left and you will end up on top of Scout Mtn. It is open to hikers,horses and mountain bikes, and is an out and back.

I've hiked Scout Mt for years now. And I have to say that Justice Peak is awesome! I love hiking it during the fall, the colors are breath taking. If you start at Justice Peak you will eventually come across a fork in the trail, you can either choose left which will take you to the summit of Scout "its rocky but safe for experienced climber's" or if you take the right side of the trail which will connect you to the Halve House Trail, which you can follow until you eventually hit the road.