Revett Lake

Revett Lake is a 4.8 mile loop trail located near Murray, ID that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is accessible from July until October.

Every time I come, the experience is amazing. Beautiful scenery all the way to the lake. First time was in the middle of summer and and the second time was right before winter. If you're planning to camp I suggest getting up there early in the day to beat the traffic and claim your spot!

Light patches of snow near the lake. Beautiful spot!! We choose to do some light bush whacking and make our way around the lake, totally worth it!

First day was raining and foggy, couldn't see when we actually got to the lake. Trail was very accessible to the lake, but not all the way around. we blazed our own path most of the way. Weather cleared by evening and second day was crystal clear. The fall colors were picturesque.

Beautiful trail leading up to a magical gem. Easy enough for a six year old and a young family overnighter. Jul-Sep you can find thimbleberries and huckleberries along the trail following the rock falls.

Sweet trail, lots of delicious berries. Don't do the loop. It's poorly maintained. Great place to hammock or camp overnight.

Easy day hike, or overnight trip for beginners. Pretty lake with excellent views.

great easy hike to the lake. however, I had a hard time finding the trail around the lake as its not very well marked. just ended up doing an out and back after letting the dogs cool off in the lake.

Awesome easy hike. Don't be tricked by google maps. When you get to the parking area for blooming lake you need to take the access road in the parking area (kinda deceiving). Parking for the trail is about 1.25-1.30 miles from the main parking area.

The hike was pretty easy. There are areas where it gets pretty rocky so make sure you shoes are laced up tight. Saw many day hikers with their dogs. Also ran into many people with small children. Lake is very kid and pet friendly.

I tried hiking around the lake from the west side but at some point I must have taken the wrong trail. The Wes side goes up pretty high the splits, one goes down towards the water and one goes up even higher, I took the one towards the water.... Mistake! It took me through some pretty steep area (but there was a trail) but eventually deadened. I double back and found the upper trail right where the grass began (you'll know what I'm talking about) but decided to head back to the trail head and have lunch.

Headed back next weekend to actually camp. Out of 10 I give it 8 for its easy hike and multiple camp sites.

Huckleberries everywhere! A nice hike on Friday afternoon- 4 or 5 groups overnight. Hiked out Saturday morning, and passed a lot of people on the way out. Great for beginners and kiddos. Also, you can take the dirt road down and park at the trailhead. We were unsure and walked, which wasn't bad at all.

Beautiful!

This is a great day hike. Beautiful lake. Do not follow the directions shown unless you feel like bushwacking it over and down a ridge! On the hwy, at the ID/MT border, there is a rest area, pull in there and drive down the dirt road with the Revett Lake sign. About a mile or so down that dirt road is the trail head. Happy Hiking!

Beautiful Lake!!!!

great place to hike with the whole family!

Fun trail for the whole family. Beautiful scenery all the way to the lake

Make sure you don't follow Google's directions (see directions further down comments below)! And follow the road marked "Revett Lake" for the 1 mile past the Thompson Pass rest area. Great accessibility - short hike - big payoffs (boulder field, waterfalls). Fairly level trail, short walk to lake. Lots of people and dogs, and lots of flies. Very small area to hike and relax around the lake. But overall, its one of my favorites.

hike sounds fun BUT the directions are WRONG. it takes you up the dirt roads in the middle of the mountains by Wallace and says to continue where there is NO road but a stream. Next time I'm taking the directions I found on a different site.