Upper Palisades Lake Trail

Upper Palisades Lake Trail is a 15.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Irwin, ID that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Beautiful Hike! It was muddy and there was slippery from Ice at times but no snow! I would recommend it especially during the summer. The lake was pretty and would have been great to swim in if it were a bit warmer.

Hiked in on October 23. I would like to do this again in the summer. I guess I'm out of shape because this hike was not easy. It kicked my butt but it was well worth it. It took us three hours to get to the Upper Lake and about the same to get out. I agree with everyone about the horse poop and mud.

This was a fun hike! The lakes are beautiful! A bit muddy in the fall and pretty busy in the afternoon. We saw 3 moose the day we went!

Worth doing but maybe pick a week day instead of a weekend. It's no secret by any means and can get crowded. Especially with the horses and, as others have mentioned, the horse poo. :(

horse poop on the nature..but it's very pretty there.just the poop bugs me.

nice trail very pretty except horse poop.

sucks..horse poop in mother nature

Must see with all the fall colors!! Lower and Upper Lakes worth seeing!!!

This is a beautiful day hike worth doing! We got to the trailhead at 9:30am and were pulling out by 4pm. We hiked to the upper lake and had lunch. Not much signage on the trail until you make it to lower lake... but if you go left when starting at the trailhead it's pretty self explanatory to keep on the correct trail. It's equal parts shaded/sunny and follows along the creek the whole way up. We had 3 moose sightings!! Note: it is a little longer than the sign says (2.7mi) at lower lake to get to upper lake- but not by much. The trail gets a little steeper when heading to upper lake but not too bad and definitely worth it. By far the prettiest lake I've ever hiked to see. The water is breathtaking. Pretty fall colors right now too! :)

much better in early spring

Great hike- easy trail

Definitely a hike you want to do in conjunction with hiking. The Upper was fantastic, but prepare to spend most of the day hiking if you plan on doing this in one day.

great! it was 17.9 miles with my phones GPS for the total hike. so pretty

Lots of people on the weekend, but fun trail with some good fishing!

Amazing scenery. Can't wait to camp out the next trip. LOVED IT!!!

Beautiful. We went only to lower palisades lake. It took us about 2hours, spent another hour watching the moose in lake. Amazing weather and easy trail.