Upper Palisades Lake Trail

Upper Palisades Lake Trail is a 15.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Irwin, ID that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, fly fishing, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Lots of people on the weekend, but fun trail with some good fishing!

Amazing scenery. Can't wait to camp out the next trip. LOVED IT!!!

Beautiful. We went only to lower palisades lake. It took us about 2hours, spent another hour watching the moose in lake. Amazing weather and easy trail.

My wife and I went to this trail this past weekend, great hike, did the hike up on close to 4hrs, and hiked down in 3hrs and some with a wounded dog, carried him for parts and thanks to some hikers were able to keep my socks on his paws with tape.

Great hike for our 10yr old and puppy. Pretty vegetation, beautiful river. Was glad we brought a leash. We made it to the lower lake and back in four hours

my wife had two knee surgies the past year. I was worried about the hike but she did excellent to the top and back with good gradual inclines. we brought our border collie with us and she enjoyed every second running in and out of the creek and spotted two moose along the way.

I have camped here on several occasions. It is a relatively easy pack into both the upper and the lower lakes. The scenery. Easy day hikes to near peaks and a gorgeous valley past the upper lake. I highly recommend the trip!

Great hike!

This hike is great! Its about 4 1/2 miles up to the lower lake and then about 3 1/2 miles more to get to the higher lake. We only went to the lower and ended up doing about nine miles total. It took us abut three hours. It a beautiful hike for sure! Ill go many more times and I hope to camp out there sometime soon as well.

This was a great day hike! We just hiked to the Lower Palisades but we loved it! It took about an hour and a half for us to hike there and about the same time back. Highly recommend it.

Me and a group of friends stayed the night at the camp ground near the trailhead then did the hike just to the lower lake. It was a beautiful hike with great views and wildlife as we saw mountain goats and a couple snakes. the trail was a little muddy at parts and had a good amount of house poop due to the trail being both a horse trail and hiking trail. But still very fun and great hike!

I absolutely loved this trail! Although it was difficult for some of the younger siblings, when we got to the lake it was worth it! It was one of my favorite trails!

Excellent

Beautiful trail with wonderful scenery. The trail doesn't ever get too steep, and is shaded for the majority of the way to the lower lake.