Moscow Mountain Majesty Trail

Moscow Mountain Majesty Trail is a 3.8 mile out and back trail located near Moscow, ID that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

It appears this track has fallen victim to logging activities. :/

Not quite so sure we found the right place. We followed the directions as far as we could then walked up he road as far as we could. This lead us to a different road that looked more accessible. Wish we had found the right one. Maybe another time

Rainy on the hike up but a great view once we reached the summit.
Didn't follow the red line as charted but found the towers on the summit.

Easy going on the road, with a few off-shoots to check out. Great start to the season. Easy hike with a dog!

One of my favorite places to go in the Palouse area. I've hiked it many times. I'm partial to the east side-- although it's not a nice 'trail' but a dirt road, the view at the top is fantastic. To get there, drive over to Troy and take a left on Big Meadow Rd, then an immediate left onto Randall Flat Rd, and after ~2 miles a right on Tamarack Ln. You'll reach a little parking area and then hike the rest of the way up the road. It's about a 900 ft climb over 2.2 miles to the top.

There are a couple of turn-offs worth exploring: one of them leads to a little picnic area amongst some old cedar trees, and further on, a secluded 'meadow' of whatever foliage it is that turns a gorgeous orange-red in the fall. Once you reach the summit, you're greeted by this fantastic outcrop of granite that I call 'the fort' or 'Weathertop.' It's fun to climb around and pose for pictures on these friendly old rocks. Below is another 'meadow' of that lovely shrubbery... go there in the fall if you can; the colors are beautiful. Further along the summit is another rock outcrop with a magnificent view of the Palouse. There are a couple trees next to it between which someone has recently hung a swing. It's a little scary, not gonna lie, but so cool!

I'm always astounded at how little traffic there is on old Moscow Mountain, being so close to two college towns. My hiking buds and I almost always had the summit to ourselves for the hour or so we hung out at the top. It's so awesome and peaceful. If you're in the area, this is a gem you've got to check out at least once. I'll be darned if you're not charmed into coming back again and again. :)

Lots of trails. Maybe too many. Got lost a little bit trying to find the east point lookout. Would go again to find it. It was very cold and snowy up there