Hulls Gulch Nature Trail

Hulls Gulch Nature Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Boise, ID that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.7 miles 1173 feet Point to Point

Decent trail but I was hoping for a difficult hike and got a very easy one.

Such a beautiful, easy hike. The view is absolutely gorgeous. I would definitely do this again.

Great trail and highly recommend. Steady incline and easy trail until the loop at the end of the trail. We hiked the loop counter-clockwise and the downhill portion back to the main trail was the toughest part of the hike.

Absolutely loved this trail! First time of what will be many! Perfect first fall run with the dogs. Ps: don't loop back to early, go the full distance of the upper gultch trail for the best views

peeps need to clean up after their dogs! tons of puppy poo. good trail other than that.

Wonderful hike for the family! Perfect trail for running, biking and hiking!

fantastic and super easy

Great hike. Took the dogs out and they loved it. There's a small pond/creek that was really pretty.

Pretty trails through the foothills... Lots of sagebrush and no trees or shade so take water. I saw many birds and a few lizards and some chipmunks, It was nice and cool down in the gulch in the early morning and very pretty views as the sun came over the hills.

Great trail just a few minutes away from the north end. Lots of traffic and no trees for shade though.

It was beautiful hike. We saw some wildlife. It was very sage brushy. Every hiker or biker we ran into was very friendly. A very sage brushy area. Had a lot of beautiful large rock features, not very many shady areas.

Nice gentle rising trail. April/may the creek was flowing nicely.

While I would prefer to be under the cover of trees bouncing around boulders this extensive trail system is enjoyable and offers the runner the chance to enjoy a fast moving stream as you jog towards more impressive mountains (that I hope to get to run in). The trail map was not marked well and I found it a little difficult to locate where I was at the start. However, with so many options and trails to run on I will make sure to come back again and try other loops in the hope that they offer other scenery and challenges. With its proximity to town I would recommend these trails to everyone. Finally, I met a camouflaged birder as I finished my run and asked him about mountain lions. He said two juvenile lions had been sighted this year but had only caused a few dogs some anxiety.

One of the best trail running and biking trails within 30 minutes of Boise.