Harrison Lake Trail

Harrison Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandpoint, ID that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice fall day. Very breezy up top and made it a bit unpleasant once you reached the lake. Don't forget a hatchet or small saw for firewood! Beautiful hike and just the right difficulty for my 8-year-old.

Great Lake and a good hike. Pretty short but you gain some elevation. Seriously stunning views of the mountains and lake. Good fishing.

beautiful lake, it reminds me of a little Yosemite with all the granite.

A nice hike, great scenery.

Stunning! Trail is well marked.

Really enjoyed this lake. Bonus the road on your way out is packed with huckleberries.

1 hr from Sandpoint to trailhead, Pack River Road was in good shape. Trail was mix of loose rock, granite, most of it steep. Great views of lake, surrounding mts. Saw lots of Bear activity but no bears. Horse flies and biting flies very bad. 59 degrees at 10 AM start, 78 degrees at finish 1:45 PM Happy for dry day, cooler temps! Watch for huckleberry pickers who park on road, tricky to get around them.

Amazing! Our favorite trail so far. We did have to climb over a few trees that were down on the trail, and there were still a few snow patches. The views and scenery are just breathtaking.

I loved coming up to this like it was one of my favorite backpacking trips ever. I also find it an awesome way for a father and son to bond.

Fantastic hike! Challenging but fun! Make sure you take the right path when you get to the 217 sign. Go left not right. Beautiful views!

Went up memorial weekend lots of snow half way up trail lake was still frozen and snow covered found one decent camping spot that was dry still was fun despite all the snow

Went here despite the road closure sign (the road shouldn't be closed, there is no flood damage but a small fallen tree sticks out about 1/4 of the road). We parked off the road next to the sign and then walked the 2 miles to the trailhead. Made it about halfway up the trail itself but had to turn back due to the snow. There is a lot of snow on the trail. Probably between 2-4 ft of hard pack. We walked on the snow for a little bit before deciding to turn back - we weren't sinking into the snow but it was very slippery and we felt uneasy with our heavy packs.

Tried to get up here today but the road is closed from flood damage :(

One of my favorite hikes BY FAR. Highly suggest it.

This was my favorite hike so far. It was just beautiful all the way up to the lake.