Grand Sawtooths Loop

Grand Sawtooths Loop is a 63 mile loop trail located near Lowman, ID and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until August.

So many lakes to see!!!
Just make sure that time is not of the essence for this loop. Had 4 days to finish this loop so it was very hard to enjoy what Sawtooth had to offer.
Sawtooth Lake was by far my favorite lake - the initial view from the top if you're hiking from Grandjean is phenomenal.
The Cramer lakes are another great spot to definitely spend some time. Just simply beautiful.
Most of the lakes after Edna look pretty much the same, incredibly, but same.
Hiking back to the Grandjean from Elk Lake was very stale. Approximately 13 miles from Elk lake back to Grandjean and not much to see...
I recorded 65+ miles than the 63 that was posted so keep in mind you may be doing an extra 5-8 miles.
Ultimately, I would not do this hike again. I saw what needed to be seen. I loved every second of it, and wished I had more than 4 days to do it but this is life.

I completed 40 out of the 63 mile loop. This was an epic hike. The only crowds were around Sawtooth Lake; otherwise I was by myself the entire time. August is a great month to hike this trail. Warm weather overall, with some afternoon rain, thunder and lightning storms. The trails are well-marked. The topography was absolutely beautiful with high jagged peaks, tall trees, clear lakes, and rushing rivers. Plenty of water was available on the trail. I will definitely be back! I fell in love with Idaho because of the Sawtooth Mountains!

Great book for reference: Backpacking Idaho by Douglas Lorain