Goldbug (Elk Bend) Hot Springs

Goldbug (Elk Bend) Hot Springs is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salmon, ID that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

Great moderate hike. Perfect weather. Be advised if you want to camp near the hot springs (after 3rd bridge), you won't get any sleep because you'll be woken up by hot springers all night (I didn't think of that when I camped there). But there are a lot of other camping spots farther away. Everyone I came across was very friendly. Gorgeous view. Pure bliss!

Perfect hike! We've done it twice now with our children. Beautiful scenery, not to long, and pretty clean. You need to carry out whatever you take up. There's a bathroom at the trailhead and another about half way up.

The hot spring that ruined all other hot springs for me

Awesome trail, make sure you wear hiking boots!, mine saved mine a couple of times

very quiet and peaceful. amazing hot springs and so grateful i took the time to find it!

Hot, kinda like hiking in the desert

Really nice little hike. Brought our little dog & she loved it, too. Very rocky about half the time, so wear hiking boots if you can. Started up about 10:AM, so got a bit of shade here & there. It's mostly up, then level, then up - repeat. When you get to a staircase with 27 steps followed by another with 16 steps you're about 2 minutes away. The springs are really beautiful - the whole hike is actually. Coming back down is a real pleasure. ENJOY!!

His was a great little trail. Beautiful view and so relaxing.. I could sit in these springs for hours

Probably one of my favorite hikes thus far. About a 3.5hr drive from Rexburg, ID, the drive itself was worth the trip. The directions I had caused me to miss that last turn but other than that it was pretty easy to find.

When I went, I ran into a couple headed down as soon as I started and saw another couple camping about halfway up. Other than that the trail was clear. The first section is a mildly steep switchback and right before the pools is slightly steeper too. It took about 1.5 hours to get up and the waterfalls to the pools were amazing, though not necessarily "hot." I was unable to stay long because a storm was rolling in. The run back down took about 2 minutes and the trail is well maintained so I didn't worry overly much about loose rocks messing up my pace.

Hands down a little known gem and worth many more trips to visit

Awesome great hot springs

Awesome. Always a favorite. It's become a very popular trail for obvious reasons. Worth the trip to salmon.

This was a great winter hike! Trail was in great shape, it had quite a bit of traffic. Camp spots are before hot springs near composting toilet (none after hot springs) The hot springs are beautiful, the view is spectacular and the area was very clean and cared for.

Awesome place to visit. Stick around for sunset to get amazing views of the valley.

There are some places that you rave about and want to tell everyone to go..this is one! So relaxing, lots of pools, waterfalls, shady spots. The hike is fun, moderate. When you sit in a landscape of waterfalls and soak in a hot spring with amazing views, that's pretty close to heaven!

this hot spring was Awesome, well worth the 6 and half hour drive from my house in Heber city UT, the trail was in great shape and the springs were beautiful, there was not a single piece of garbage anywhere (Thank you everyone) i'm not sure what the mineral content is but the water was crystal clear and did not have any kind of smell so i used it to make my meals with, I spent one day and two wonderful nights soaking and exploring the area, can't wait to come back again.

What an incredible hike and hot springs! Went up for my birthday activity and it will be one that will be remembered for the years! Very easy hike. Beginning and end can get your heart rate going a bit but not difficult by any means. Went with a friend who carried her 6 mo baby the whole way & didn't have any problems. There was no snow and the trail wasn't muddy at all, however we've had a very mild winter. The hot springs were spectacular! There were a half dozen pools to choose from & they all somewhat varied in temperature. 6mo baby was able to enjoy as some weren't too hot. Companies pay millions of dollars to build resorts with such incredible sights and this is nature made. 3 hr drive from Rexburg ID. The directions this app gave were off by 2-3 miles but got directions from a local so come prepared with solid directions before leaving your house. Experience of a lifetime, totally worth the drive! You won't be disappointed.