Duck Lake to Loon Lake Trail

Duck Lake to Loon Lake Trail is a 21.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near New Meadows, ID that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Duck Lake is an easy hike that is about 2 miles round trip. It is suitable for most ages and ends at a beautiful lake with a nice meadow. You can continue on the trail and end at Loon Lake, but that is another 10+ miles one way or head to Hum lake which is located off the same trail. There is a sign for it about 1/2 a mile before you get to Duck Lake and it says Hum Lake is 2 miles from the sign.

The hike was great for my family of ages ranging from 3 - 60! We took our lunches and hiked through wooded areas and meadows before getting to the lake. We stopped there and ate our lunches at an available campsite. This was the perfect hike for an easy day hike. I did not fish it, so I am not sure how that is in Duck Lake.