Bruneau Dunes Loop

Bruneau Dunes Loop is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bruneau, ID that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike up to the dunes early in the morning. After you reach the top, running back down is your reward :)

Great time with my grandchildren sliding down the sand and splashing in the lakes. Really cool natural wonder.

I didn't expect to have as great of a time as I did. It was a blast!! We climbed the tallest dune and it was so, so difficult (we discovered at the top that we went the most difficult way possible, almost straight up. derp.) but it was amazing watching the sunset from atop of the dune. Running down the front was really fun as well. We had never seen a giant sand dune before this, so maybe that's why it blew our minds.

We thought we could go around the lake to the lot instead of going back the way we came, and it was a terrible idea. It looks passable but it's not, it's very marshy and easy to get lost in. We almost got stuck out there with no light, and barely found our way back before the last bit of light was gone. We thought we were going to have to sleep out there. Lol. Don't do that.

If you want some nature time that's different from the usual hike, this is a great choice.

This area has unique beauty. Definitely worth taking a trip here and checking out the Bruneau Sand Dunes.

This is a fun, unique area. The hike is worth it, especially heading up to the top of the dunes. Lots of areas to picnic and make a day out of a trip to the dunes. Don't go on a windy day!

It's amazing how this sand dunes got formed here out of nowhere.. If you like hiking you can do a good 10 mile round trip here. Start very early in the morning as it gets hot very soon. The campground has a hot shower which is relaxing after the long walk.. If weather permits lay down and watch one of the clearest sky in North America. I got my first star trail photo here..

I went hiking here recently and it was absolutely magnificent. The lake was covered by ice in which ducks and geese were constantly taking off and landing. It was also very quiet and I have never heard the sound of ducks and geese flying overhead until then. Who knew it sounded like a small jet? Overall, I would recommend this place to anybody and everybody who likes nature at its finest. Just be sure to watch for coyotes if you plan to stay as the sun starts setting.

Best time to go is anytime but in the heat of summer. And the best place for star gazing.

Great place to go. Really cool landscapes. Highest freestanding sand dunes. You can climb all over them. Don't miss it if you're in the area.