Blue Lake Trail

Blue Lake Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade, ID that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

My first time at blue lake, it was easy to find and my 2 kids 9 and 7 had no problems on the hike, and had so much fun.

Really easy hike but very scenic and convenient when looking for an alpine lake close to Boise. The road covers all of the elevation gain you would normally find in a hike. Used an app to track distance and found that going around the lake plus a side trip halfway up the mountain side for a view and back to the parking lot was 2.5 miles total.

It was our first hike as a family, ever. We took our three kids 7, 6, and 2. they all had a blast and it was beautiful! It was a bit windy but all in all was a very good first hike for our family.

One of my favorite hikes!
It is at the top of a mountain, so when we went in July, 2014 and there was still snow!
Soooo many wild flowers, and greenery everywhere! When you go be sure to cross the road on the opposite side of the parking lot so you don't miss even more Incredible views!
The lake is small enough to hike around and play on.

This was an awesome hike! It was challenging enough for my 2 kids (2 and 5 years old) to keep it interesting but easy enough they could do it with minimal breaks. We took both of our dogs as well and they had a blast! The lake is beautiful!! There are also bathrooms at the trailhead which is great when you have kids!

excellent view and great for all ages!!

beautiful hike and lake. Perfect for beginning backpacking. Amazing wildflowers and lots of hidden ponds Plenty of great camping spots around the lake

Only downside is it is VERY crowded on the weekends. I believe it is a boy scout favorite. I want to go again during the week so it has more of that backcountry feel

Easy hike with lots of wildflowers.

It was a great hike. Not too difficult if you watch your step. Amazing views!

If you're sensitive to getting car sick, the ride to the trail head is a little rough..but, the views throughout the hike and of the lake, a little fishing, and some cliff jumping definitely made it worth the drive! Absolutely stunning!

Gorgeous! Lake was beautiful and there was a fun spot to jump off of the rocks...definitely recommend!!

Great high mountain lake with easy access for most people. Hang a hammock on the water's edge and relax for a bit. Moderate traffic during the week and more on the weekends. The dogs love it and so do we.

it was short but a pretty easy walk to the lake, bugs became a pain as it got later in the day so bring bug spray. Initially, the hike is downhill so you're coming uphill on the way back, its a great workout for how small the trail is!

The trail itself was not very impressive, however once we got there we scaled the cliff that overlooks the lake. There was no trail that led up there so it offered a challenge but was worth it.

Gorgeous hike/area. My husband and I have hiked and camped this area a couple of times and fall in love with it more and more each time. There are so many different areas to explore!

Amazing. My wife and I took our 5 children on this beautiful hike. My youngest is 6 and she loved it. We packed in a light lunch and we were the only ones on the lake. My 2 youngest boys and I took a dip in the "refreshing" (cold) water and jumped off an 8 foot high rock into the deep. Highly recommend this family friendly hike.

One of my favorite trails! The scenery doesn't get much better