Blossom Lakes Trail

Blossom Lakes Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Murray, ID that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike to Blossom Lake is well worth the effort. This is certainly on my top 20 list of day hikes. The drive to the trail head is quite scenic. There is amply parking at the trail head to Blossom Lake. (Please note, it is the same parking for the trail head to Revett Lake) The trail to Blossom Lake is well defined and easy to follow. There are some fair inclines along the way, but I met an elderly lady on her way down, who had just finished the hike with two artificial knees. It is not a Sunday stroll in the park, but it is not an arduous trek either.

UPPER BLOSSOM LAKE

If you have already taken the effort to drive up to Thompson Pass, and hiked to Blossom Lake, muster up a bit more energy, and go further, to Upper Blossom Lake. It is smaller than Blossom Lake, but in my opinion, it is the lovelier of the two.

PEAR LAKE

Alright, you have already committed yourself to Blossom Lake and Upper Blossom Lake. Are you SURE you aren't going to press on just a bit further to Pear Lake? On this fine day in November, I did just that, and found it a picture of stunning beauty, frozen over like some winter wonderland. Bring an extra snack and another bottle of water, and do all three lakes. It is well worth it!

Gradual incline, thick forest, viewpoints, and beautiful lake! Definitely a place I'd want to tent camp. We passed about 20 campers on the way back. Ages from 5 years to 70 years. A must do hike with family or solo!

Great hike. I would recommend hitting Upper Blossom and Pear while you are there. The hike from Blossom up is pretty easy and the lakes are great. This is my 6th visit to Blossom this season. Great hike. I would rate it as a moderate trial, as the grade is challenging at times.

Good hike. Shaded trail anytime of day.

Blossom Lake had campers so we went a little further to Upper Blossom. Both were beautiful!

Moderate hiking trail, uphill a lot of the way into the lake but way worth it!!! Little area around lake, one fire pit at far end of lake

fly fishing

The trail starts off on a pleasant grade initially with minimal elevation gained. After a short time you reach what appear to be new switchbacks with logs or sticks blocking the old shorter trails that should not be used for erosion prevention purposes. After gaining a bit with the switchbacks you'll start a decent climb lasting maybe just over a mile before a descent down to Lower Blossom Lake. The Lower Lake took about an hour & 5 minutes for us going at a decent clip. The lake is nice, has decent fishing access, a number of campsites, & is fairly busy. We continued on to tiny Pear Lake which took about 25 minutes from the signed junction to Upper Blossom Lake/Pear Lake. We had Pear Lake to ourselves which sits below a pretty spectacular cliff. A population of small cutthroat inhabit the lake. The trail goes on to a network of other systems & may gain the ridge above which would be spectacular but turned back here. I believe there may be access from the Burke, ID, side as well after going over 1-2 passes driving and another hiking. Lots of neat exploration in the area. The trail gets a lot of use at least to Blossom, i feel the sign at the trailhead is deceiving stating only 2.5 miles to Blossom & 3.5 to Pear. I believe Blossom is closer to 3 & Pear 4.5. In shape hikers will have no problems with this hike & i would even consider trail running it. Casual hikers may struggle a bit more but i did see (& hear) some young children on the trail. Not the best place for solitude but a good adventure.

I've never seen a mountain lake before and this was definitely a jaw dropper. My husband and I made it out and back in about three hours. We loved how clearly marked the trail was and all of the places we could stop and sight see. The trail is very well maintained!

Always one of my favorite hikes! I enjoy the views, my dog enjoys the swim, and we both spend a nice day moving outdoors! Bring lots of water and snacks!

Great trail! Took my 3yr old son today and had a blast. want to go back earlier in the day so we have more time to explore up there.

It was a little rainy but hike was great. Stopped at blossom lake but plan on hiking to pear lake in the future.

Nice hike in, uphill but never too steep or rocky. 80% shaded even at noon. Forecast was 100F for Thompson Falls, and it was only mildly hot on the hike. Plenty of fine dust on the trail in the sunny spots.

Many of those in our big group were first time backpackers, and they loved the experience. I'm sure they'd agree, this is a good place for first timers.

Stayed the night on Saturday up at Blossom Lake. Didn't see any wildlife, but didn't expect to because there were half a dozen or so teenage boys running around the lake screaming at the top of their lungs playing capture the flag or something. This continued well past sunset into the night. But that doesn't change the beauty of the area, and we enjoyed our visit. I would do it again for sure. But I have many more places to visit first :) This hike gets bonus points for having paved roads straight to the trailhead parking lot, with plenty of parking spaces and bathroom available at the parking lot on Thompson Pass.

I did not continue up to Pear Lake, but I absolutely would if I'd had more time there.

Loved this hike! A nice uphill climb leads to beautiful Blossom Lake! I highly recommend this trail and intend to go back and hike on to Pear Lake.

Terrific experience. The snow is practically gone, temperatures warmer as of 5/28. The open expanse towards 3/4 of the way up is pretty stellar sight, as well, the lake itself is quite the scene. We counted four established campsites at the lake. The trail is significantly more challenging than nearby Revett lake, so much less traffic

Love this trail. It can be a challenge for newbies and it's a bit out there. Take your time and enjoy. Last year was my first hike into the lakes; looking forward to a 2015 hike soon.

By far one of my favorite hikes! It's far enough out that you don't experience a lot of foot traffic and can keep your dog off the leash. You catch some beautiful mountain views and the lake is phenomenal! It's a good drive out to the trailhead, but it's extremely scenic!

A nice uphill jaunt through beautiful country. About 2 miles up is when you start to get the excellent views of Lolo National Forest in all its might. It is a frequented trail by many hikers, but as for overnight, it was quiet and relaxing. If you wish, you can hike up about another 1 mile to Pear Lake, but this time, snow was still of abundance over the trail about half a mile up. So no Pear Lake for us. But it gives us an excuse to come back, if we even needed one. Wonderful hike.

Great hike!! Quite a bit of snow on the trail and all around the lake still. Wish I had my yaktrax with me. Didn't go to the upper lake. Climb isn't bad at all.