Bear Creek Hot Springs

Bear Creek Hot Springs is a 15 mile out and back trail located near Irwin, ID that features hot springs. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking.

hot springs

Well used, rugged trail. We backpacked in with our kids. Not a lot of shade at the first half of the hike. It was nice that it followed the stream the whole way for refilling our water. Set up camp right next to the hot spring. If I were to do it again with kids, I would hike the 6 miles, then camp at the bottom of the mountain and hike the last 1.5 miles up the mountain in the morning.

Great hot spring and hike. We were fortunate to have the camp ground to our selves over night, Friday before Labor Day. On the way out we saw about 12 people on horses heading in. There is a fresh water spring nearby as well. I've included a link of our maps. We had quite an adventure getting there, but it was well worth it. There were 15 water crossings about 12 were calf deep.

Hiked this with a group of scouts. Saw a river otter on the way up. Great trail conditions. Had several river crossings so take sandals. The last push up to the hot springs was difficult. Calves still sore three days after. Hot springs were nice but after hiking straight up was too hot to sit in but the runoff into a cold spring was perfect. Large camping area by springs but heavily used and lots of trash. Overall a great hike.

I have hiked and dirt biked this trail. I love it! Dirt bike route keeps you out of the creek which is nice. Now I just need to MTN bike it :)

Great trail! Take a fishing pole. Awesome hot tub at end of hike! Perfect place to camp! hard to find for first timers must cross creek 7 or 8 times. Can get deep. we take horses and it still makes for long days! lots of wildlife we've seen moose elk deer and mountain lion! Dog friendly. also excess able by a motorcycle!