Waimea Valley Trail

Waimea Valley Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Haleiwa, HI that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

This is essentially a paved road through a botanical gardens that costs $16 terminating at the falls with a stand for life jackets for anyone who wishes to get in for a photo op. Just wish I'd been smart enough to read the reviews ahead of time. Not my cup of tea - I want a trail, a hike, not a manufactured (though very beautiful) stroll.

Very pleasant "hike". It's more of a nature trail leading directly to the falls, which is beautiful. It costs $16 for non-military, non-residents.

Not a hike but beautiful stroll to a gorgeous waterfall you can swim in!! Lots of fun definitely recommend it as an activity to do!

A really easy "hike" if you can even call it that. I am
Only giving it 4 stars because it's a nice walk I can take my 2 year old and let her run around and explore. The waterfall at the end is beautiful.

This is literally a walk in the park. One can do this path with little to no preparation. The labeled plants and trees are nice, though. I would recommend this to individuals who may not be the most fit but would like to see a very small taste of Oahu's beauty.

Kind of boring, not worth the money.

A nice work,but not a hike. Very commercialized.
Admission fee is $16 for an adult, $10 for an adult-kamaaina, $8 for a senior kamaaina.

I loved exploring all the way up to the falls. the swim was pretty amazing too.

It was a great starter since I bring my boys 4 y.o. and a 1 y.o. to start our hiking bucket list....

Very easy, nice scenery.

Really nice cultural learning from a recreated village.

Did it in the pouring rain but planning to swim anyway so it was all good. Beautiful botanical gardens with numerous side trails up and down the hike. Paved trail the whole way. Lifeguards with vests at the falls, which are actually a good idea for those trying to swim up close to them. Love these falls!

Good and easy! Safe for all ages!

It is one of the most beautiful places on Oahu! Very spiritual place.