Waimano Trail lower

Waimano Trail lower is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pearl City, Hawaii that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was extremely muddy but made it through from lower to upper loop. Did it with a 2 year old, 9 year old and some family. Crazy muddy on lower, wear proper hiking shoes (boots) Great views. Tasty Strawberry guava.

We hiked this with our 8 year old and our dog. It was pretty muddy but had a beautiful stream along the way. We had fun and my kiddo enjoyed sliding down a muddy hill on his booty.

Nothing special really

Did a loop, starting on the upper then to the lower. Was about 2.5 miles. There's a nice view near the beginning of the upper of the Waianae Mountains. for the most part the trail is covered. There were a couple tunnels that you could go through, make sure to have a light with you. the upper track was pretty dry, but the lower was very muddy. it was a nice easy hike, recommended for dogs and children.

This was my very first hike, and it was interesting. I'm not in the best shape, but I made it. We tried to hike to the waterfall, but we never made it because we couldn't find it. We started on the lower side and honestly the upper side would've a lot easier. The lower side is a true workout. We came back out through the upper side and boy was I glad. The trail is muddy in a lot of areas so be careful. We were sliding all over the place. Holding on to the trees was my friend. I personally wouldn't take children as there are many cliffs and drops. I think I would've enjoyed the hike more of we would've found the waterfall. It would've felt more worth it.

We took the upper trail, easy hike - at first. Gets more difficult the further out you go. Cool tunnels, muddy with some obstacles (rocky, slippery edge scary cliffs, the fun stuff) - it was an old hawaiian aqueduct (or irrigation?) system. We went after it rained thinking we were going to the "waterfall" (which you actually access from the Manana trail from palisades). Almost 2hrs in, we found that the trail goes on past the stream which was flowing nicely from the rain that just passed, but we didn't have enough time to go on. It was fun, loved the different terrains, some easy rock climbing/decending and awesome sights, totally worth the hike. My GPS logged almost 6 miles from the trailhead to the stream and back.

Great trail for family and beginner no vig obticuls and good workout. I would recommend this hike to anyone that is starting and is wanting to conquer a little of the fear this is a good qay to start not to high or to hard

Very good trail for family and pets. It's an established trail that was built by the WPA back in the 1930s. Very little mud or bugs. We enjoyed the tunnels that we found along the way. Sometimes have water in them, but somewhere dry enough to pass through with a flashlight.

It's my second time up there !
Really like this place . Not to
challenging ... Only if the ground wet !
It was a nice hike today ! Actually
was busy up there ...many people

Nice, easy 2 mile loop. Well marked. It was super muddy. Beautiful by the stream edge. Steep climb if you go lower first. Some cool tunnels to go through. Only saw two people the entire hike. Went in afternoon on a weekend. It was so peaceful. Bring water, bug spray, shoes that can get muddy.

Great trail, well marked. Got there early 7am, out by 9:30. The trail was muddy as the other reviewers as stated. Be careful in some points! Utilize ropes and watch your step, as the rocks could be slippery. Only came across 3 others hikers if you are looking to get back to nature.

This trail is fantastic. Rigorous but not too steep, there are signs and markers. In this general area you can either head one direction for a breathtaking summit hike or had another way for pools and a gorgeous waterfall. It was a little
Muddy and be careful if rain is moving in water rises fast and can get dangerous, but you won't be disappointed.

Really nice family outing. The hubbs, 4 kids and I started out about 2pm. We took the upper trail and went through the tunnels. The trail is well marked and easy to follow. Even the littlest- the 6y/o made it fine with no issues. Things to wear/ bring: mud worthy shoes, hat, bug spray, flash light and plenty of water. We used our phone flash for the tunnels. At the end there's a nice picnic table and grassy area to rest a bit before heading back.