Wahiawa Hills Trail

Wahiawa Hills Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wahiawa, HI that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and fly fishing and is accessible from May until November.

fly fishing

This is a loop trail that takes you through paper bark forest and other invasive plants (e.g. uluhe, etc). The trail is a bit of an up and down jaunt with the final reward being a dip in the stream. Be careful if it is raining as the stream can swell.

Great workout!

This hike was fun just never got to do the loop cause my gps so ii had to turn around cause the military joint base so ii walked back the same way. But other then that this hike is awesome a lot of birds and the views are beautiful. Ii love being out door.

I already knew where the trail head was located due to a friend showing me so that was no issue. Once you get into the woods follow the trail that leads close to the ridge on the left. You will come to a steep downward incline full of roots which make it easy to climb down. The trail is around 7 miles total not 3.7 miles. It has a lot of narrow trails with drop offs and many ups and downs. The map that is on this app is very accurate and I would advise using it while hiking or you will get lost! This hike is a BEAST! And proper footwear is a must.

Trail was marked with tags tied to the trees. It was slick because of the rain but a great hike for the adventurer that doesn't want to drive far.

Was a great first time experience. Finding the start was confusing. There are no signs to indicate where to find the entrance. It's next to the large water tank and chain link fence. Had the luck to hike during a lite rain.

The Wahiawa Hills Trail is a decent hike with plenty of good views; however, the trail is extremely difficult follow with no markers, multiple side-trails, and overgrown portions. I recommended finding detailed trail directions and bringing them with you to alleviate some of the confusion. The stream crossings and views make the trail well worth the effort.

The trailhead is at the end of California Avenue in Wahiawa next to a big watertank.

Terrific hike for the family.

We found it impossible to find the trail head based off of the map on the app. Pissed us off, so we went elsewhere to hike.

This hike has many ups and downs. It is exhausting. There are sections where you are practically on the ground just climbing up and down. There are also several stream crossings. The reward is 2.2 miles into the hike there's a beautiful swimming spot. But then get ready for the climb of your life to get up and out of the loop.

I believe that this is the hike that my cousin took me on but since I was the tourist, I'm not actually sure. I know we didn't reach the top of the mountain as the trail was confusing and longer than we expected from where we started out. My cousin kept saying something about a waterfall that you could jump off of but we never reached it as it was getting too late in the day. We started the trail in a parking lot area near a Botanical garden or or museum or something like that and hiked up a path in the woods from there. Like I said, I'm not exactly sure if this is the trail but the location on the map appears very close to where we were. Anyways, for tourist like me, the tropical rainforest was beautifully shown in this hike.

supposedly 8 people havw completed this, although I hiked arouns those back garbage disposal woods for about 1 and half hours searching for the starting point to this trail. I came across alot of area that got me worried I might stumble upon a meth lab or something. I say this because I found like 4 baggies (empty but with residue) and 2 broken glass pipes while hiking around. there are numerous scrap made buildings, looking like residences. one building actually had a sign saying it was someones house and asking if there is a God. I had to stop and turn back as I was alone on this hike and did not want to stumble upon something I shouldn't and quite possibly become a liability.Not saying that is going to happen, but you get the feeling youre in the movie "wrong turn". if someone who has supposedly completed this please direct as to how to find the starting location. it qould be greatly appreciated. this is a tough hike without knoqing e location and BRING MOSQUITO REPELLANT.