Twin Falls Trail

Twin Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Haiku, HI that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

scenic driving

old growth

Was so much fun! This hike makes you trek through water. The falls are absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to go again!

Easy! Great falls

Easy to get to! Pretty falls

Bring sandals that ur willing to get wet and a bathing suit

Nice place, easy hike

Do the trail with "Hike Maui" guides will bring you off the traditional path and into the rain forest. When hiking twin falls it's the way to go. Brin. Water shoes!

I took the paved road in. It was a 3 minute walk to the falls. Pretty murky pools. It's okay if you're close by and need something fun to do but not worth the trip out to if you're 1+ hr away.

If you do the regular part of the hike, it really isn't much. At the top of the hill, there was a sign saying "experienced hikers only." Although my brother and I are fairly experienced, it did scare us away. We talked all around the grounds besides that other area blocked off for experienced hikers. If you do that, it's able 1 mile

Very beautiful and easy. A few of the photos were definitely not taken there.

Sweet and short hike to the two waterfalls. So sad the Cave waterfall trail was closed due to wet weather. Definitely returning!

We went with a guide to three (or four?) different waterfalls. We were not on a 'path' for the majority of the time, so it was definitely a hike. Had to climb over rocks and fallen trees, etc. and wade through the water at the end. While it was beautiful, the waterfalls do not compare to what we have closer to home.

Very scenic, but overcrowded. Make sure you wear some type of water shoe and take your time when traversing the paths. My wife almost slipped a few times and cut her foot. If you have time I'd stop, otherwise I'm not sure it's worth it.

Read about this trail in Fodor's Hawaii guide book from 2013. I don't know if it's changed since then, but we were completely underwhelmed with this particular spot near the beginning of the 'Road to Hana'.
Maybe we were spoiled by the great beaches? We had just finished our hike on Skyline Ridge (Haleakala) and had time for one stop on the 'Highway'. As I said, we didn't enjoy this at all.

Overall:
Pros: Private owners allow use of their land (thank you), there is cool refreshing water
Cons: signage is either non-exist any or incorrect, bugs bugs bugs, not easy to get 'to the falls' once you find them, water is not 'emerald green' or clear as was written about, crowded.

Sorry, just not our cuppa!!

This was a pretty easy hike but definitely well worth it! There was a lot of people because it was pretty popular. The first waterfall has a place where you can jump into the cove below. The second (and main) waterfall you have to wade at least knee/waist deep through rocks so don't wear flip flops or sandals. Both waterfalls are gorgeous and there are little trails all around that you can explore the beautiful area. There are some pretty cool spots to swim too under the falls so wear a bathing suit.

I would call this more of a walk than a hike to get to the falls. We all did it in flip-flops or water shoes and had no problems. You definitely want shoes you can get wet here because you have to wade through a stream to get to the pool under the falls, and the in the pool it's quite rocky. Swimming under the waterfall is fun and at the first set of falls, people were jumping into the pools from the cliffs above.

This is the first stop on the Road to Hana, so it gets quite crowded. I would suggest getting there early.

Absolutely gorgeous grounds, but definitely more of a nature walk than a hike. Great for families or for someone who wants easy access to waterfalls, but waterfalls like this are a dime a dozen at roadside turnouts along the Hana Highway. It's a great place to swim in the pools though!

BRING YOUR WATER SHOES!!! This is amazing, however the rocks are sharp and you will have to cross a shallow water way. It made my feet hurt but was SO worth it. Definitely would've been easier with water shoes.

Walked this trail with my 3 & 4 yr old. We all loved it. Water was refreshing after walking up the hill. Recommend you bring shoes that you don't mind getting wet.

Great hike with 4 or more different waterfalls to see