Tantalus Arboretum Trail

Tantalus Arboretum Trail is a 0.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, HI that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Honolulu: in the vicinity of the Tantalus-Arboretum proceed mauka (toward the mountain) on Tantalus drive. The trail takes off on the right, and will be the first trail encountered while proceeding up the road.

scenic driving

Most amazing view of Honolulu at night! Must see!!!

This is a great hike, not alot of elevation gain, I explored all around the area taking every little side trail I found so I can't give a specific trail route description. You will mostly be in the forest (surprise!) but there are clearings here and there where you can catch a glimpse of Honolulu and the ocean. I do remember descriptive signage there telling of the types of plant life, one in particular if you find it was called a "mountain-apple" I think, the guy I was with knew and the fruit was edible and tasted...meh.