Sacred Falls Trails [CLOSED]

Sacred Falls Trails [CLOSED] is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

closed

The trail begins just north of "Mount Zion Church". It is also right across the street from a small shave-ice shack which I highly recommend before the hike. It remains flat throughout but has its challenges. The towering cliffs, beautiful fall and fun swimming hole make it well worth it!! This trail was closed after a landslide killed 8 and injured 50 people so entering comes with disclaimers: 1) Risk heavy fines if caught. 2) Take extreme caution after wet weather and heavy rain.. 3) Be wary of falling rocks and recently downed boulders and trees.

I want to do this trail tomorrow. If anyone else is interested shoot me an email Lance.Ahmadian@gmail.com.

I've done this hike before and am to Honolulu again from December 20 to 25th. anyone up for doing it together? email me at moonangel25@hotmail.com. thanks!

what a beautiful waterfall! theres a dried up waterfall before you get to the waterfall thats really cool! my sis and I did this dec. 2016. We were scetched a little at the end because I can see how people have died there by falling rocks.

Aloha,

I will be staying in Waikiki from October 8th - 12th and looking for someone or a group to do this hike with.

Please let me know if interested.

Cheers,
Ryan
ryan.p.quinn22@gmail.com

Loved this trail! Beautiful, sad it's illegal but also good to preserve it.

Highly illegal. Closed for safety. But so beautiful. Very spiritual. If you get the chance to experience this area, remember what happened here and respect the land and area. I will say I disliked all the tour helicopters flying over the falls.

I thought it was amazing! A little Erie because of what happened there but I'd definitely go again! Just the hike to get there was tropical looking and beautiful!

I hiked this trail about a month before 7 people perished there during a rockslide. Since then, it is closed to the public.

This trail is CLOSED since the late 90s due to the numerous deaths of hikers.
NOT an easy trail at all

This trail is closed. The penalties you wi receive from DLNR(Department of Land and Natural Resources) out way the thrill. See video. https://vimeo.com/119992399

This trail is closed.

Warning trail is closed and posted so you run the risk of getting fined but o went at 3pm and had no problems and definitely worth it. Beautiful waterfall and not a very difficult hike to get there. Beware of the narrow path towards the end and flash floods

Unfortunately this easy hike is closed. A group was killed in the 90s so they shut it down.

A very easy stroll towards the back of Kaliuwaa stream. The reward is clear - the beautiful Sacred Falls. The trail is closed, so be aware of that. Penalty for trespassing is stiff so be forewarned.

Good hike but unfortunately no water at the falls.

It is probably the most beautiful waterfall that I have ever seen