Puu Pia Trail

Puu Pia Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It had been raining for about an hour when I started my hike. Check out the photo where it looks like you're hiking up a creek. I was in sneakers so it took a little while longer avoiding puddles, mud, etc. I went about a mile to the summit of the first ridge, that's where I turned around, not a bad view there. If I was wearing pants and proper hiking boots/shoes I would have continued. However, as the trail started going down it narrowed to about 6 inches wide, with knee high brush, and I couldn't tell where it went beyond 15 ft ahead. Despite hiking in the pouring rain I enjoyed it. Just know what you're getting into.

Decent enough hike, prefer one with a more scenic finish.

Was a nice short hike, easy to stay on the path, lots of tree roots to climb over. It's overgrown so no real breathtaking views. Great to do with friends, family and of course 4 legged companions.

Loved this trail! Great views! It is 2miles to the top so 4 miles round trip!

One of the muddiest, easy trails I know of. Great trail for youngsters, the whole fam but be ready to slip and slide if you don't have hiking shoes.

Pretty much an easy incline the entire way, with a few steeper spots. I'd call it leisurely if it weren't for how muddy it can be! There are some rooty, slippery parts.

Toward the end, you go through some prickly foliage, not a big deal, but if you're sensitive to that, wear some pants.

It's covered just about the whole time, until the end, which is nice. The view at the end isn't a jaw-dropper, but it is great and totally worth the quick hike. Nothing at the end of the trail but a small clearing and an uncomfortable bench that can seat 2.5 skinny people.

Street parking only, and you'll be walking through a residential area to be quiet and respectful.

Suggestions:
Mosquito repellent
Hiking shoes
Change of clothes (in the car)
Plastic bags (in the car)
Snacks

Pros absolutely beautiful! Scenic point right before the bench I cried at the beauty of the majestic mountain range and rainforest! Good little workout if you're taking it easy.

Cons too short!! That's why I deducted a star.

Nice! Short and sweet!

simple but sweet

Great hike.

Nice little hike. End was a bit disappointing. But still enjoyed the hike.

Muddy, lots of tree roots, scenic top limited because of trees and bushes