Pu'u Manamana Turnover Trail

Pu'u Manamana Turnover Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hauula, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

One of the more difficult and treacherous hikes on the island of Oahu. The hike takes you up to the rock formation known as Crouching Lion and then rides a ridgeline up and down. Very good challenge for the sure-footed hiker. The trail head is passed the fishpond, heading back towards Kaneohe direction, near a telephone pole that is marked with a fluorescent marker. There is a rope at the trail head to aid your start. Amazing views of the Kahana Ahupuaa (land division). This is not an easy hike. Balance is crucial. Skip this one if you are afraid of heights and be careful if it is gusty. Note that this trail does not attempt Pu'u Manamana at all. It goes to a turnover point in which most will stop and traverse down and out to complete the loop. True Manamana lies ahead and is only for the extreme hiker. A variant of this trail is to approach it from Kahekili instead.

it's actually closed - we think someone called the police on us because he showed up just as we were getting back in the car. he told us it was closed and to spread the word. we did do the entire loop - beautiful scenery and interesting because it's challenging... but very bushy and slick in places due to mud mostly. would not recommend if you're not okay with steep drop offs, climbing rocks/steep upgrades, and bush whacking. takes about 6 hours!!!

great trail but can be sketchy so be very careful

We just hiked to Crouching Lion and back. This is a short hike, but the views are amazing. It's pretty slippery and very steep in certain places. Also, we found a wedding band. E-mail me at haley.l.cash@gmail.com if you lost one on the trail.

beautiful

I'm in Hawaii until Christmas if any one wants to do this hike with me! (:
Malialani373@gmail.com

Aloha,

I will be staying on O'ahu from October 8th-11th and looking for someone to do this hike with. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Ryan
ryan.p.quinn22@gmail.com

Very fun hike. Make sure to wear pants and good boots it is a very muddy trail system after the rocky ridge.

One of my favs...