Puu Maelieli Trail

Puu Maelieli Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kaneohe, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

8 minutes ago

A solid trail if you're out of shape but really looking to push yourself. Steep inclines pay off with the view in the end.

The trail is steep in the beginning and at the end, but it 6 year old didn't have any issues until we started our decent. Took us a little over an hour and a half. Go when there hasn't been much rain. When you go, park at the McDonald's and walk to the start.

Awesome hike. We took our almost 4 year old on this hike and she had so much fun!

We did this trail in the afternoon. We went very slow and it took us 1,5 hours. A lot of people run it. It's family friendly but you still get a sweat going. Nice views. Some mosquitos. I would bring bug spray. I recommend to visit The Valley of temples after.

モスキートと泥坂さえ乗り越えれば、天国の海の絶景が眼下に広がり、最高٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

Good quick afternoon hike. Beginning section can have some very slippery clay/mud that is a hassle on the way down. Great views of Kaneohe Bay. Fun to see the planes take off.

Best way to get there is park near the McDonalds and walk up the highway, keeping the townhouses on your left. The trail will be on your left directly after the guardrail stops.

I hiked this with my 22 week pregnant wife and my 2 year, 10 month old boy. We all did fine, but there were some challenging areas for my wife and child. Went on a day where it hadn't rained for about 24 hours prior and it was still a little muddy at the steep beginning, but it was a more clay-like texture. You could easily slip on it if you aren't careful, though. Other than that, it was a very fun hike with lots of beautiful scenery in the forest and amazing scenic vistas at different overlook points. The trees towards the top of the hike are fun because you have to duck and climb over quite a few, making for a fun adventure for the little one.The pillbox at the end has a gorgeous, expansive view.

Lovely hike when dry!

Fun hike, lots of uphills so somewhat challenging, but not killer. We were in/out in 1.5 hours. It was muddy, and we got drenched at the end.

fun little hike with the kids (5 and 7). definitely slippery when it rains even a little bit

Nice trail! Beautiful view of Kāne'ohe Bay and Chinaman's hat.