EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Pipiwai Trail

Pipiwai Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hana, HI that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

A unique and very special waterfall hike where your adventures begin even before you reach the trailhead. A favorite Maui hike, yet for some people the drive to the trailhead alone is excitement enough. The Hana Highway is sixty miles of scenic but curvy coastal road, reportedly featuring 620 curves and 59 bridges, most of which are single-lane bridges. If you relish your driving experiences then the Hana Highway alone is a "must-do". The approx. 4 mile round trip to the falls and back takes in several great waterfalls before reaching the spectacular Waimoku Falls, and a boardwalk journey through dense, dark bamboo forest that you're unlikely to forget. Elevation gain: - 900ft (from 200 - 1,200ft)

One of the best things we did in Maui! Be VERY careful it is raining... tourists are rescued from this trail when they underestimate the weather and decide to still hike even when it is pouring down rain. The trail can and will flood. The bamboo forest was my favorite part... I would have stayed there all day.

great hike past the seven sacred pools, Makena falls, bamboo forrest to Waimoku falls.

The trail itself is not difficult but the heat makes it tough. make sure you bring a snack and lots of cold water!!

Wouldn't say this trail is hard, probably moderate. Mostly because of the heat (whew!) and the bugs. Bring bug spray and lots of water.

It's a well maintained trail. I wouldn't say it was hard, maybe moderate. The waterfall at the end is stunning and totally worth the hike. And even worth the $100 fine for going past the sign to get closer ;)

I don't know why this trail is rated as hard. I would say easy, moderate at worst. I did the trail in flip flops, and didn't bring water...so the rating should be changed. Most of the elevation gain is done via stairs, so there was no issue with me having forgot my sneakers. Anyone can do this trail. Bring bug bands or bug spray. Good photo ops along the trail.

Spectacularly beautiful! My favorite part is the incredible bamboo forest! Easy hike for just about anyone.

Best hike I've ever done!! Absolutely amazing. Keep going to the end to see the 400 foot falls! You won't regret it. Make sure to bring mosquito repellent as this is a rainforest.

I did this with my wife while on our honeymoon. It was a beautiful hike, and she was able to complete it with a little effort (she's not a hiker). There are beautiful views, a bamboo forest, and Waimoku Falls the reward you at the end. A must if you're making the trek out here!

Even though it's an easy hike (or walk), it's still my favorite of all time because of the scenery. Bamboo forest, rain forest, banyan trees, streams, waterfalls, and the huge waterfall at the end make it all worthwhile. And if you're feeling really adventurous you can waterfall hop all the way back down as well.

The bamboo forest and the waterfall was so amazing! The hike was easy and so worth the drive on Hana!

One of the best, offers so much for such a quick hike. Beautiful

Beautiful and incredibly tall waterfall at the end. Def. worth the hike!

easy hike and awesome waterfalls!!

Diverse with roots threading through the floor of the trail. The bamboo forest section is like nothing I've seen. When the wind blows and knocks them together it sounds like wooden wind chimes. When you round the corner to see the falls, you can't help but say out loud "oh my god." Beautiful!!

One of my favorite ever hikes!!