Olympus via Kolowalu

Olympus via Kolowalu is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, HI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

old growth

A more direct approach to the Koolaus and Olympus ( Awa'awa'loa). Kolowalu is a finger ridge that connects to Wa'ahila Ridge. You gain elevation very quickly, and is quite demanding and a good cardio workout, even for a veteran hiker. A finger ridge trail that can be very mudd yand slippery. 95 percent uphill. Elevation gain 1400 feet in less than a mile. Trail ends at the junction with Wa'ahila Ridge. Continue on Wa'ahile ridge to the Koolau summit.

Super nice view at the top. A bit of an ankle twister at first but totally worth it for the view

One of the many reasons why i❤️HI...‪#‎hikingthemountainsinHI‬, yesterday we were beaten up, we climbed Mt Olympus via Kolowalu trail, a straight 1.5 miles up, 95% pure ascending with atleast 2500 ft elevation, better than stair masters!

one of my fav hikes.

Loved getting up here. It was a clear beautiful day. Such great views. Came via waahila.

My uploaded track isn't complete as I couldn't get a signal on my iphone. Overall, great hike, very cardio, but totally socked in at the top.