Olomana Trail (Three peaks)

Olomana Trail (Three peaks) is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kailua, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

4.1 miles 2093 feet Out & Back

rock climbing

old growth

Located in Kailua, Three Peaks is a wonderful hike with great views if you can make it to the top. The first peak's about 1.5 miles up with dropoffs on both sides. The next peak isn't as challenging but still an awesome view. The last peak should only be tried by experienced hikers.

To start off, you have to walk through the gates to the Royal Hawaiian golf course. (Unless there's another way that we don't know of. The way up took about 2 hours because I have asthma so we had to slow down a bit. We only made it to the first peak but it was absolutely gorgeous. The views are unbelievable. Wear really good shoes because you are climbing in mud, rocks, and even some rock walls that you have to pull yourself up on. We even saw a wild bore and some of her babies. The way down was much easier as it only took us about an hour or so!

This hike is so worth it and not as hard as some say. Definitely bring plenty of water and go EARLY. It gets really hot around 11am. The first part of the trail is entirely uphill until you reach the first peak. There is a lot of rock climbing along the way between the three peaks, but there is rope for those who need it. It took us 5 hours to complete the entire hike with a few stops for photos and to catch our breath. Overall, one of my favorite Oahu hikes.

Amazing hike, hiked till the second peak

luv it

Exciting and challenging hike. I do not consider myself an avid hiker but this one was pretty easy for my husband and I. It was pretty muddy and the rock climbing was fun to do. I would not recommend this hike to those who are afraid of heights as there are some parts where the trail is very narrow with the drop one wrong move can be bad news. The views at the top of the first peak was definitely worth the huff and puff up. Don't give up and don't look down! I suggest getting fishing gloves ($2+ at Walmart). Lifesavers for us and got lots of kudos from other hikers that unfortunately didn't have them.

Really great hike! I do guided hikes on this trail if anyone is interested email me at venturealoha@gmail.com and check me out on IG @venturealoha

Awesome view but awfully muddy!

The third peak has killed people in the past. Narrow and crumbly and if you slip you are easily dead. Almost every weekend there is a helicopter rescue. Don't do that third peak.

This trail offers great views and a real sense of accomplishment when you're done after 3 peaks. It's not a casual walk in the woods, unless you are maybe a navy seal.