Olomana Trail

Olomana Trail is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kailua, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

old growth

Located in Kailua, Three Peaks is a wonderful hike with great views if you can make it to the top. The first peak's about 1.5 miles up with dropoffs on both sides. The next peak isn't as challenging but still an awesome view. The last peak should only be tried by experienced hikers.

My favorite hike still on this island. I need to go more often. The gate lady won't let You in if forecast isn't clear or if been raining a lot lately. Took us about 3-3.5 hours but from what my friends tell me, I hike beast mode. Stop and take pictures on every peak well best views on island besides west side hikes. There were quite a few ppl on our way who were struggling fitness/water wise. Bring at least three liters and go early. If your struggling on the way up peak one, I wouldn't do the rest of them. I even stopped few times to catch my breath it's a leg burner! As you end peak two to ascend up peak three was the o my area I was frightened. I think this is where ppl have fallen. There's s Tiny ledge with a boulder that sticks out onto it you need to go around without rope. Don't even consider looking down and if your going with someone, have the less scared person go first and grab your hand. It's easy to get across it's just the thought that frightened me as it's very narrow. Lots of rope climbing so very fun. Enjoy! Be safe!

Amazing hike. Just challenging enough for an exciting hike. Incredible views. Went early morning and was the only one on the summit. Passed a handful of people coming down.

*** Do NOT park where the directions tell you to park this whole street is private property and my car was towed to Honolulu. An Uber ride and $250 later I was reunited with my vehicle on the other side of the island. Trail was still worth it!***

Did all 3 back in summer, definitely worth it!

結婚10周年で、ハネムーン以来のハワイへ。噂に違わぬ最高のトレイルでした!次も必ず登ります✨

To start off, you have to walk through the gates to the Royal Hawaiian golf course. (Unless there's another way that we don't know of. The way up took about 2 hours because I have asthma so we had to slow down a bit. We only made it to the first peak but it was absolutely gorgeous. The views are unbelievable. Wear really good shoes because you are climbing in mud, rocks, and even some rock walls that you have to pull yourself up on. We even saw a wild bore and some of her babies. The way down was much easier as it only took us about an hour or so!

This hike is so worth it and not as hard as some say. Definitely bring plenty of water and go EARLY. It gets really hot around 11am. The first part of the trail is entirely uphill until you reach the first peak. There is a lot of rock climbing along the way between the three peaks, but there is rope for those who need it. It took us 5 hours to complete the entire hike with a few stops for photos and to catch our breath. Overall, one of my favorite Oahu hikes.