Old Pali Road

Old Pali Road is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, HI that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Anyone up for this hike tomarrow morning. Send me a txt. Currently in Hawaii. Big island in a few days. (562)5222373 txt

This was a fun hike! Pretty steep and bring mosquito spray!

this trail is closed due to rock slide- I was just there today. the park ranger have no indication that it would be corrected anytime soon.

Fun! 1st attempt me and my friends had to turn back because it was pouring buckets and the road turned into a flood up to our knees. Not safe, we also had a young boy with us. 2nd time completed 10/31/15 a while ago. Pretty waterfall nice workout!

beautiful walk with awesome views. the old pali road is very neat

Parked at Pali Lookout, trail is closed due to rock slide. Is there another way to get in on the trail.

a very easy hike, this is not part of the Pali notches trail.

Nice easy hike for the family. We have always started at the Pali lookout and then go under the Pali highway to link up to another trail. My husband has taken the trail with his friends all the way to Muanawili a 12 mile hike.

This was a fun bike ride but tough since it was up hill and pretty wet. Not to mention having to take our bikes under the Pali Hwy and up a wooden ladder. You can connect to the Maunawili Trail from here. Beautiful views from the Old Pali lookout and you can keep going to the Pali Lookout currently used as well.

SOOOO MUDDY, be very careful when doing this hike, a lot of narrow paths. Getting to the waterfall and relaxing is always the best part.

Beautiful easy hike. The trail is very clear so you can't get lost. It can be very muddy m, though, so wear proper footwear.

This was a great hike. We followed the directions in Oahu Revealed, and used Stuart Ball's book as a reference. We had a lot of rain so the trail had some slick areas. There was a recent land slide with a couple of trees down shortly after leaving Auloa-Ki'ona'ole road and climbing the stone steps. Once getting past the tree it wasn't long before getting to the path that crosses this one at the top of the ridge. Make sure to continue straight. The other tricky spot was identifying the spur trail to the waterfall. We passed a spur trail on the left that led no where. The correct trail looked like a Y, but we could hear the waterfall so tried it. It was more than 100 yards to the fall, but it was amazing. I saw more varied fruit trees, blooming flowers and birds than on any hike I've done in Hawaii.

Nice easy hike, a little over half was paved. Interesting to think of driving this road back in the day. Good for kids, wouldn't recommend a baby backpack as you have to go under the highway which has a low clearance. The falls were nice and I want to check out the stone road further another day, really curious about the history of it. Only took a couple of hours.

I did this hike on a whim. I felt like getting out for a quick hike so I parked at the Nuuanu Pali State Park and made my way down the trail. I was actually checking out a hiking blog while hiking, which I would never recommend doing, what if I ran out of cell phone signal? There are a lot of little off shoots on this trail so never go it without someone that's been there before. It did take a little longer than I thought to get to Likeke Falls but all-in-all worth the hour of hiking. Bring insect repellant. Don't drink the water here either. Be careful while walking under the highway. It was a tight squeeze even for my 5'8" 150lbs frame

We did not have time to complete the hike, but enjoyed hiking down the Old Pali road. Reminded me of the series After Man as the jungle has taken over and the trail narrows in many places. $3.00 parking fee and there was an attendant there when we arrived. Lots of tourists and tour buses, but not many ventured down the trail. To access walk to the overlook and veer to the left. Walk down and to the right-in front of the main lookout platform. As you are hiking down the first part you will see a barricade sign and may stop short thinking it to be a dead end. Keep going the trail is open. Easy hike down the paved trail. We will have to save the falls for our next trip. Enjoy !

The views are nothing short of amazing. I enjoyed all of them. Wasn't able to find the second waterfall. Looking forward to doing it again to see that part.