Moleka and Ualakaa Trails

Moleka and Ualakaa Trails is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, HI that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hike to do with the little ones. it really helps when its shaded. I want to bring my mom squad here and make sure you bring lots of bug spray.

Decent. Easy stroll. Nice place to walk and talk.

We did the entire loop, 3 miles. Its somewhat easy/moderate and we took our little Yorkie which she help up like a champ. This hike is just beautiful!
We went pretty early, started at 6:45am finished at 9:30, if you go during the day I would suggest bringing bug spray. Thumbs up to this hike!

This was a great little hike! My boyfriend and I weren't finished after doing Diamond Head and just happened upon this little gem. We started at the trailhead right off the road and ran into a local who told us how many options we had when it came to the trails in this area. There are tons! Sadly, since we're here on vacation we won't be able to explore them all. I definitely recommend checking this area out, though. Easy hiking and lots of beautiful, exotic plants that we aren't used to seeing in the PNW. The trail itself was a little muddy, but in no way unwalkable. If we make it back to Oahu next winter, we're going to hike this area again!

Mahalo!

Started from Pu'u Ualakaa State Park up Round Top Drive. I took my inexperienced hikers as a way of introducing them to trail walking and they loved it. Large trees canopy the path in some areas. You'll see bamboos, macadamia nut trees, ginger plants, mountain apples and avocado trees. Trail might be muddy at some areas but for the most part, the trail is easy with low danger.