Mahaulepu Beach to Kawelikoa Bay

Mahaulepu Beach to Kawelikoa Bay is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Koloa, HI and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

beach

We had a wonderful time on this walk/hike. I'd say it was more easy than moderate- but maybe I'm just too used to hikes in the Northeast. Great views! We also saw some people on horseback, which was pretty cool.

Super nice coastal walk but yes lots of water if your gonna do this hike.

take a lot of water (and don't hike it midday if you can help it), but this is an amazing hike along the coastline. If you go past Maha'ulepu/Gilin's beach (and house), you get to some pretty amazing cliffs/rock formation and a labyrinth for those who like those kind of things. I went past that as well to the end of the trail, marked by a barbed wire fence and that little beach/bay there is great, completely private, I was there all alone for 45 minutes or so. Great hike. It's not that difficult except that the trail isn't marked much (or at all in some places) but if you continue to walk in the right direction, eventually you find or make a path.

It was a very easy but good hike. We hiked to the caves and a few private beaches. We saw 6 turtles along the way. Only part we didn't really like was the walk through the golf course. We brought hammocks and took a nap on a private beach.

Million Dollar views! Easy hike, be sure to do it in the early morning as it gets very hot!

Beautiful hike along the coast. Beach swimming at the trailhead. More of a 3 1/2 star rating.

Amazing and million dollar views
The trails aren't well marked but the app helped us stay on track. Being a hot day we were out of water before we got back. So take lots of water.

We just did it again for 4th time. Every time it is an amazing hike. it has become our go to hike for friends that are visiting.

Amazing views! I wish I wouldn't have taken the advice of the comment below me... Wear real shoes, not flip flops. My feet are tore up! Still well worth it though!

Wonderful cliffs all the way through. Start from shipwreck beach near Hyatt and enjoy easy walk - it can be done even in slippers.

Not hiking, but amazing views! We sat on the beach and watched cliff jumpers then walked along the cliffs during the sunset. It was an amazing, relaxing 2 hours. Made the top 5 things we did on the island.

It's not so much hiking as it is walking by the coast. It's not a difficult hike, but it's all in the sun and very hot. If you go past the horse stables, then you can get to the ancient sink hole and there's a man that will give you a geological tour of a cave. Past that, there is a land tortoise park and then the secret beach! We found it almost impossible to take the same path back, but we eventually made it. Took us about 3 hrs total

We didn't go all the way to the beach but turned back when we got to the lookout after the golf course where you could see the beach and surrounding buildings. The first part of this is really amazing with some interesting formations. When you have to walk on the edge of the golf course, not so much. The erosion has eaten the cliffs away so people have to walk on the golf course to continue on. The beaches can be driven to so I would op to go as far as the golf course and then drive to the beaches if you want to go there. If you drive to them you will go by a rodeo place. We just happened to go by when there was one in progress. Check the guidebooks for the times when they have them. It was a fun little stop.