Laie Falls Trail

Laie Falls Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laie, HI that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Ridge Trail, great views of windward shore, Hawaiian flora, waterfall and swim As Poohaili St. bears left walk through (or around) the second gate and continue on dirt road. Continue past taro fields on the left and a green pump house on the right. Go across a cement bridge to a signed intersection with trail. Turn left and up through a yellow gate. Climb along the broad ridge pass a wooden post gate connected to a barbed wire fence. The road follows a fence line then curves left to a junction. Turn right up the eroded path. At an open flat area keep right uphill on a very eroded section of the trail. Continue on trail through a grove of Cook Pines. Descend briefly then climb along the left side of the ridge to a junction. Turn right then descend to a waterfall/swimming hole (Left continues to summit). The waterfall is the turn around point.

The hike was very muddy but fun. Long and well worth the walk. The waterfall took forever to get to but it was well worth it! ❤️❤️❤️

Beautiful hot long hike. 8 miles round trip. Very well marked however this persons youtube video showed us the way to go for the entrance to the trail head and a part the ribbon was out of sight because it was higher up on the hill you can walk on but we were walking on the lower half. Different terrain keeps it fun, muddy af on a good portion of the trail. Also good amount of dry rock as well. Scenic gorgeous and fun! Waterfall isn't spectacular however it's a waterfall none the less. Sketchy going down to the falls literally right before. I was scared but do able, just be cautious. Rope to help!

Beautiful scenery but very muddy. Areas of high errosion made it difficult to know which way the trail was. This was more than a moderate hike in my opinion. The trail just gets more difficult as you go and the last section to get down to the falls is at a 80 degreen angle over slick rocks. I would not recommend this to just the casual hiker, kids or the elderly.....paticularly when its been raining.

Fairly easy trail. Wear sunscreen and trunks to jump in the water at the end. A little over 3 miles to the falls.

It was a long hike real muddy but the water was refreshing and nice. Definitely a good hike for sure

I think we did the wrong trail as sign marking were poor and a local farmer told us to go right when it now looks like we should have gone left. Be careful to not mix up the Laie Falls trail with the Malaekahana Falls trails.

I give it a 3 star for the views at the summit. The waterfall is pathetic. The water was so milky it looks like its infested with lepto.

This is an awesome trail running or MTB trail. Initially I was upset for wearing my boots but they came in handy where it got muddy. The water temp at the falls is cool but not cold. The elevation change is so gradual that this does not feel like a 10 mile hike.

The view was breathtaking and the trees made me feel like I was in another world. We found passion fruit and ate it along the way. I never did find the waterfall! I'll need some directions next time. It was a sunny day then we got monsooned once we got up higher. The clay got slippery but I still had fun.

Tons of fun!!!

It's a very nice hike. but I have to say this has to be upgraded to a little bit to difficult because once you reach the stream there is a portion where you need to climb with ropes against the falls to get to the bigger falls. plus it's a lot longer than expected. but overall if you are looking for an ambiguous workout. then this is definitely it.

Took us 6 1/2 hours to finish. We took our time though and enjoyed the great view. We went down to the pools instead of up to the falls. Super awesome. Bring lots water and snacks.

This trail is 10 miles roundtrip. Several open spots in trails which can get hot, bring plenty of water. The waterfall is roughly 3.5 miles in, steep slippery trail to get down to it so be careful. Falls was so-so i guess but i think the true reward was at the summit about anout 1.5miles to go.. Great views in all directions. Bring bino's if you have.

Was really fun got lost because there was a fork in the trail so we took the left bc the pink tape was to the left and we walked for ever up a huge hill got some great photos and got socked in by the clouds and rain so we turned around really wish I could of seen where the trail went but to the right at the fork I come down the the river lots of bugs there and u have to cross the river a couple time I'm going to go back to the trail to go to the left and walk till the end

Great for hiking or trail running. There is a portion that can be used for mountain biking but I'm not into that. There are great views of Laie from the pine forest and a waterfall with a welcoming pool to cool off at. The trail has been upgraded from the crazy white knuckling, rope grabbing era (when I was in college) to a friendlier hike. In the rain, the dirt (or should I say clay) gets very slippery.