Laie Falls Trail

Laie Falls Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laie, HI that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Ridge Trail, great views of windward shore, Hawaiian flora, waterfall and swim As Poohaili St. bears left walk through (or around) the second gate and continue on dirt road. Continue past taro fields on the left and a green pump house on the right. Go across a cement bridge to a signed intersection with trail. Turn left and up through a yellow gate. Climb along the broad ridge pass a wooden post gate connected to a barbed wire fence. The road follows a fence line then curves left to a junction. Turn right up the eroded path. At an open flat area keep right uphill on a very eroded section of the trail. Continue on trail through a grove of Cook Pines. Descend briefly then climb along the left side of the ridge to a junction. Turn right then descend to a waterfall/swimming hole (Left continues to summit). The waterfall is the turn around point.

A great hike. Challenging enough for a beginner, enjoyable with views for a experienced hiker. The journey down to the falls was a bit more difficult than anticipated - but take your time and it is fine for a fit enough hiker.

The "secret" waterfall at the end is a fantastic reward.

This was a very awsome hike! It is a long but doable hike. It was very muddy and slippery in some places more than others. The falls are well worth it and the upper fall is deep enough to swim in and cool off before heading back down.

The first 1/3 of the trail was pretty boring, then you get maybe 2 good views before you're trekking through mud and an ass load of bugs. The waterfall was cool and intimate, but looked too stagnant to be jumped into. I don't regret going, but I wouldn't do it again

The hike was very muddy but fun. Long and well worth the walk. The waterfall took forever to get to but it was well worth it! ❤️❤️❤️

Beautiful hot long hike. 8 miles round trip. Very well marked however this persons youtube video showed us the way to go for the entrance to the trail head and a part the ribbon was out of sight because it was higher up on the hill you can walk on but we were walking on the lower half. Different terrain keeps it fun, muddy af on a good portion of the trail. Also good amount of dry rock as well. Scenic gorgeous and fun! Waterfall isn't spectacular however it's a waterfall none the less. Sketchy going down to the falls literally right before. I was scared but do able, just be cautious. Rope to help!

Beautiful scenery but very muddy. Areas of high errosion made it difficult to know which way the trail was. This was more than a moderate hike in my opinion. The trail just gets more difficult as you go and the last section to get down to the falls is at a 80 degreen angle over slick rocks. I would not recommend this to just the casual hiker, kids or the elderly.....paticularly when its been raining.

Fairly easy trail. Wear sunscreen and trunks to jump in the water at the end. A little over 3 miles to the falls.

It was a long hike real muddy but the water was refreshing and nice. Definitely a good hike for sure

I think we did the wrong trail as sign marking were poor and a local farmer told us to go right when it now looks like we should have gone left. Be careful to not mix up the Laie Falls trail with the Malaekahana Falls trails.

I give it a 3 star for the views at the summit. The waterfall is pathetic. The water was so milky it looks like its infested with lepto.

This is an awesome trail running or MTB trail. Initially I was upset for wearing my boots but they came in handy where it got muddy. The water temp at the falls is cool but not cold. The elevation change is so gradual that this does not feel like a 10 mile hike.

The view was breathtaking and the trees made me feel like I was in another world. We found passion fruit and ate it along the way. I never did find the waterfall! I'll need some directions next time. It was a sunny day then we got monsooned once we got up higher. The clay got slippery but I still had fun.

Tons of fun!!!

It's a very nice hike. but I have to say this has to be upgraded to a little bit to difficult because once you reach the stream there is a portion where you need to climb with ropes against the falls to get to the bigger falls. plus it's a lot longer than expected. but overall if you are looking for an ambiguous workout. then this is definitely it.

Took us 6 1/2 hours to finish. We took our time though and enjoyed the great view. We went down to the pools instead of up to the falls. Super awesome. Bring lots water and snacks.