Kuliouou Ridge Trail

Kuliouou Ridge Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

4.4 miles 1945 feet Out & Back

This trail that rises almost 1800 feet before peaking on the spine of the Ko`olau Ridge. It's a great hike and a tough run, for it is steep, but it is very run-able and offers a great reward in the form of spectacular views. The locals say that you're suppose to run to the top, come back down to the picnic table, and then run back to the top again.

it was a good workout. was very sore the next day. be sure to stretch your muscles before you begin. you will probably need more water than you may think. don't go when raining, the top will be dangerous. would do it again.

Tough hike at the end before the beautiful views that make the trek worth it!

this is more than moderate. it gets progressively harder after 1,000 ft. it gets steep and muddy....challenging to difficult last 500 ft of elevation....but we'll worth the views.

Good view at the end but there are A TON of switchbacks!!

Great ridgeline hike. Mostly shaded. Probably my favorite of the similar ones in that area.

By far the best ridge hike on Oahu. The total trail took us about 2 hours to complete and that was with some breaks and picture taking. Very beautiful views and landscapes. The only part to take caution on is the stairs near the end of the trail. They can be a bit difficult especially if it has been or is raining. They can be very muddy and slippery. But it's definetley worth the hike!

Absolutely loved this trail, so far has been my favorite on Oahu. Very rewarding with amazing vegetation, different changing levels of scenery to a gorgeous view up top.

This is my 6th time hiking kuliouou ridge trail. I've done both weathers ie sunny or raining.... Sunny days the trail is easy BUT raining recommend taking your time to go up and down. It can BE VERY SLIPPERY n VERY MUDDY. So be prepared to get DIRTY. Completed this hike today at 1 hr n 29 mins 酪落. Enjoy and ALOHA 酪

This trial is beautiful but there are a few things I'd like to mention as a warning to potential hikers!! We hiked the trial earlier today!

Firstly, if it is cloudy or slightly raining, the top of the trial is most like VERY muddy and slippery! Please wear proper shoes, no sandals etc- I strongly recommend wearing boots! Today I wore boots and still fell two times on the decent, utilizing a walking stick as well!

I also recommend bringing a light backpack with snacks and food, this trial is actually 6.0 miles long!

While ascending you will hit in the vicinity of 150 flights of stairs while it is ranked moderate, this part can be a tad tricky. Also the stairs are heavily eroded so if you so decided to go in the rain there are a lot of puddles and some can be in the range of 4-6 inches deep.

All in all a wonderful hike and we will be doing it again!

awesome view. ate lunch overlooking the beautiful landscape.

If you'd like to hike this trail with a guide send me an email venturealoha@gmail.com or check out my IG page @Venturealoha

This is definitely longer than 4 miles. My Fitbit stated I made 6 miles there. It was a lil too long for me but the views were definitely worth it.

Very nice 2 mile hike up 1900 ft with a great view of East Oahu. Lots to see at every turn along the way.

Loved this hike! Beautiful and no other people!