Kuliouou Ridge Trail

Kuliouou Ridge Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

4.4 miles 1945 feet Out & Back

This trail that rises almost 1800 feet before peaking on the spine of the Ko`olau Ridge. It's a great hike and a tough run, for it is steep, but it is very run-able and offers a great reward in the form of spectacular views. The locals say that you're suppose to run to the top, come back down to the picnic table, and then run back to the top again.

Gorgeous hike, especially the last 500m, the 'garden' at the top. We went for the sunset, didn't regret it at all. Took us 1,5 hours to get up with my wife who isn't a hiker, climber, runner etc. just simply a fit person. We started back from the top at 6:15PM and only had to go half hour in the dark at the end. If you're interested how the top part looks like: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgPyzpgSDn/

Easy to find. Found parking down the street. No problem. Pretty well maintained and plenty of other hikers. A little more than I expected. My boyfriend and I brought our small dog. My boyfriend carried her on the steep steps on the last part. This was my longest and highest hike ever. Had to try not to get freaked out near the top. I'm glad I toughed it out until the end. It was pretty intense but the view at the top was worth it. I felt like a beast after. Lol. Just what I needed during a stressful time. Bring plenty of water and don't bring little kids unless you plan to turn around when it gets tougher. There's a couple nice scenic points before the top and places to chill or have a picnic :) :)

Good hike. Trail is a little to crowded for my liking. Definitely will get your breathing hard. View at the top makes it all worth it.

It's a nice hike, taking you through different nature. Starting of in a lush Forrest, then into a pine forest and the along the ridge with smaller vegetation. The stairs in the end is a little hard, but the reward on the top makes it all worth it. Plan for about 2 hrs hiking round-trip if you take your time.

Nice hike. Parking in the area is lacking. Temperature drops significantly as you travel up. Not a good trail for small dogs as there are a lot of areas that you have to climb tall stairs or roots to move forward. The views are great but really only at the top 200 feet. A good hike any time of the day, because of the coverage from trees and vegetation.

Nice hike

Fantastic views. It took us 3 1/2 hours round trip.

Great hike. Starts off easy the gets a bit tougher especially near the summit. It had also been rainy and muddy which made it a bit harder but still so much fun. Despite the weather not cooperating, I got some great pictures even if you couldn't see the coastline. I'd love to do this hike again.

On another note, saddles and hiking with children in a backpack may not be ideal for this type of hike.

This was a pretty good hike. It seemed to take quite a while to get all the way to the top. TONS of switchbacks and when we went the stairs were nice and dry due to no rain for 2-3 weeks. Amazing views at the top and crazy chilly breeze at the top to cool you down! Wear good shoes and bring water and a snack. Parking is in residential on the roadside and no potties, so enjoy the wood line.