Hawaii Loa Ridge Trail

Hawaii Loa Ridge Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, HI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful views of the north and south sides of the island. A challenging hike for novice and intermediate level hikers. A beautiful hike in one of the most fanciest neighborhoods in Hawaii. A popular hike among tourists and locals. The trail moves gently along the ridgeline that extends to the Koolau Summit. The stiff climb to the end requires some skill on a rope.

What a rewarding hike! Takes at least half a day if you stop a lot to enjoy the views and take pics along the way...breathtaking! One of the least muddy of all the trails I've done lately but there are plenty of steps at the top! Totally worth every step!

Such a beautiful hike with amazing views! If it looks like it's going to rain, it will! We hiked in the pouring rain & towards the summit it got sketchy. Bring spikes & hiking stick if you have!

They wouldn't let me in to hike, because I didn't have a Hawai'i ID. I gave them my University of Hawai'i Faculty/Staff ID, as well as my South Carolina Driver's License, but it wasn't good enough. I even had my 5yr old daughter with me. Lame.

Fun hike with beautiful views!

Well maintained hike with a beautiful view.

Last half mile is the fun part

Unreal!! Amazing hike that I would recommend to anyone. Just be prepared with water and some kind bars. Went on a super breezy day that made for an enjoyable time.

Fun hike jogged most of the way up and down took a hour and 20 mins up and 58 mins down killer view over waimenalo, definitely worth the uphill climb
Bring water and food shoes the trail can get slippery and some parts loose ground

Beautiful views below cloud line. Will have to do again because at top clouds were thick and didn't get to see view. Awesome cardio

It was a misty rain and a little muddy road over the half way to the top. I recommend to bring a light jacket to keep warm in the misty rain.
I like this trail;)

You can't even get through the gate without a Hawaii ID do some kind or Military ID. The trail is private property.

Steep but worth the view at the end.

4.3mi out-and-back (not 2.6mi as listed), and a little over 1500ft elevation gain. Very similar stats to neighboring trails Kuli'ou'ou and Wiliwilinui. Of the three, Hawaii Loa is the most challenging with the steeper ascent in the second half of the trail. Very fun and beautiful trail. 2:30-3hrs if you're not in a rush.

It's HAWAi it gets 5 stars!!!! We took the whole family & loved it!

It was a great trail to do on my 59th birthday!

Great hike. Fantastic views. It should be noted that security won't let you in unless you have a HI state ID or a military ID. The first half of the hike is easy and could even be a candidate for trail running as long as it hasn't rained too much and totally muddy. Be ready for some steep stairs for the second half as you follow the ridge line to the summit. This could be categorized as moderate to some.