Hamama Falls Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Hamama Falls Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kaneohe, HI that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please obey all posted signs. This trail is on government land, as evidenced by the numerous 'No Trespassing' signs and cameras along the trail.

Pretty easy hike. It rained when we got to the falls.

Great hike with the family's

Hike was great. However, while parked outside of the trail entrance our vehicle was broken into and all of our possessions were stolen. I would not advise doing this hike as nothing was apparent from the outside of the vehicle. Whoever broke in did so not seeing anything inside that would have caught their attention.

Good place to go swimming

this is my favorite hike. no issues with the new gate? It's an illegal hike but it said open from March to October?

Beautiful trail. The path was easy to follow with some steep parts. The waterfall was very nice and worth the hike. Saw many different types of flowers and birds. There are areas right off the trail with amazing view of K bay.

Started hiking around 10... Trail was pretty empty and started to get busy around 1. Recommend bring swimsuit and a pack lunch.

You can get around the fence by going to the left. Don't worry you will be ok....
Fall had less traffic and did have a great amount of local kids who seemed to be a bit reckless but were super nice. Watch for the birds and flowers, saw some neat things.

At first I was iffy how good this trail was going to be. The waterfall at the end is well worth the effort though! Easy enough to follow.

Big incline going up. Can be slippery going down. Make no mistake though, well worth your time.

We accessed the trailhead by skirting around the fence with all of the 'No Trespassing' signs on it. The hike was easy and the trail simple to follow. It was pretty much a steady incline the entire way with a few steeper portions. We admired many plants and wildflowers along the way. The falls were beautiful and felt refreshing after so much time in the sun. It was dry when we went today, so we didn't see very much mud at all, but I would be aware of recent rainfall, as that could change the terrain a bit. Come prepared with adequate footwear, sunscreen, a towel, and bug spray.

Disclaimer: This trail is on government land, as evidenced by the numerous 'No Trespassing' signs and cameras that you encounter along your way. We hiked without incident, however I would advise others to do so at their own discretion.

I would describe as easy to moderate hike. Trail is easy to navigate and while the trail is easy to follow you are walking up a mountain. This hike is cool because of the watering hole you can swim at and the huge waterfall at the end.

Awesome hike ...

Awesome

Did this hike about 3 times. There's a swimming hole to the left of the trail 15-20min into the hike. The water is freezing but very refreshing. 30 min up the trail you'll see the waterfall! The trail is pretty obvious since cars go in and out of there. Warning: Unfortunately I broke my foot using the rope swing at the swimming hole. My hand slipped and ended up landing in the shallows where there was a huge rock under water. Don't make the same stupid mistake that I did!

Great and short hike. We went early (730a) and no one else was there. Towards the end of the hike, there was more foot traffic. It's mostly up hill on the way to the waterfall, but luckily once you're all worn out.. it's almost over.

Short but moderate hike, after visiting the first pool where you can take a nice, cold refreshing dip, it's all uphill from there. Bring water and sun screen

This was a super fun hike! Highly recommend it. Went with my family, even brought my German shepherd with us. Make sure to check the weather before hand. The trail tends to get very slippery when wet.

Fun trail. Took my daughter and dog up it today