CLOSED: Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven)

CLOSED: Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven) is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, HI that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

A powerful storm passed over the island of Oahu on 2/14/2015 which caused significant damage to the stairway, rendering them unusable. After the storm damage, five hikers got stuck on the east side of the mountain's ridge and were trapped overnight and had to be rescued.

17 minutes ago

Hello all who are coming to Oahu and are trying to hike the haiku stairs (or the stairway to heaven as it's known around here). Everyone who is asking for guides, there are none because the stairs have been closed down due damage and it is now illegal to hike them.

Hi guys me and my girlfriend going to Hawaii on March 2017 this will be our third time in Hawaii but we have never been gone to this trail, want to try it out this time ^^ Just looking some people who has experienced on this trail to take us there ! Or who's planning to go on March please let me know so that way I can join you guys ^^ on my email please thank you npav.supatchai78@gmail.com

Hey people my friend and I are going to be in Hawaii for a week in February from the 16th and would love to do the hike. if anyone is around the same time and has done it before and would do it again, would love to tag along. cheers!!

Hi there all!
Would love to hike this between the 8th and 12th of october!
Should be 3 of us in total! If anyone wants to join send me an email.
jack-davies@live.co.uk

Also willing to pay for someone to guide our group to the bottom of the stairs if possible!

Hi,
I land in Hawaii 27th October and will be staying until 5th December. I would love nothing more than to enjoy the beauty of this hike. If anyone is is going/willing to come with me, it would be muchly appreciated.
tessa.poliakow@gmail.com
Thanks,
Tess

Hello!

My wife and I are looking to do the hike on the morning of Sept. 28th. We will be in Hawaii for our honeymoon and this is the only day we have available. Looking to go with a bigger group of people and preferably someone that has done the hike before.

Willing to give $20 to anyone that will just show us to the bottom of the stairs if not interested in hiking that morning!

Robert
robert.dobrick@gmail.com

Hey everybody,

I will be in town and attempting this hike again (my second time) on Sept 25. Will approach from behind (Moanalau Trail) If you haven't done it, it's amazing. Shoot me an email if you want to join. We will be starting very early in the morning so we get to see all the sights during sunrise. Took me 6.5 hours last time.

mmrozelle@gmail.com

Aloha,

My brother and I will be staying in Waikiki from October 8th-12th - If anyone wants to hike the stairs one of those days please let me know!

Cheers,
Ryan
ryan.p.quinn22@gmail.com

Hi All,

My fiance and I recently completed this hike on Sept 4th - we started at 6:30 in the morning, there was literally no one at the top. We did encounter the guard but she did not acknowledge our existence so we kept going as if she was never there. We were very lucky. It was such an incredible experience for the both of us, it did rain at the very top when we arrive, on and off fog and rain.

I know a lot of you are planning on taking on this hike, one advise though is to please do not leave your trash. We got to the the very top and there were so many beer bottles/water bottles, garbage's everywhere! PLEASE don't leave any garbage's, let's make this hike even more extra ordinary, if you must leave some trail, write your name on the wall, I know this does not sound ideal but that's better than leaving a trash.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, just be very careful and please do not leave any trash.

Mahalo!
A

Any adventurers going to be around Oct 13th-16th?? Newb here. email me at Meet714@ymail.com

I'm interested in going on this trail but have no idea where it starts and what would be a good time to go on it. Looking for someone with experience with the trail to at least answer these questions.

Hello, going to be in Oahu September 15-21
anyone interested in hiking up during that time let me know.
If anyone is interested let me know, Lbeto84@hotmail.com. Luis

Going to try and hike this Monday Sept 12 (maybe Sunday 11th if weather for Monday is looking bad). Anyone that has done this before interested in (at least) showing us (myself and 2 others) to the start of the stairs? Lunch on us if interested/able to. Done a lot of reading from multiple sources and we should be ok, but first hand experience is always welcomed. Shoot me an email - quickresponse000@gmail.com

Going on the 8th/9th of Sep. please email hazelmendoza.ham@gmail.com if anyone has hiked and wants to go again. my boyfriend and I would love to do it, thank you

Hey everyone! My friend and I are hiking the stairs on Sept, 23 (Friday morning) and would prefer to go with more people. If you're interested, email me at billwoodmarbles@gmail.com

hello i am currently attending UH and i really want to go on this hike. is there anyone that has already done this hike want to do it again with me? if anyone is interested you can email me at anthonymatthew24@gmail.com

Hello! Me and my gf will be in Oahu from October 2nd to the 6th. Ideally we would like to go on 10/02, 10/5, or 10/6. We are really hoping we can do this hike, but would love to go with people who have already hiked it, or are familiar with the location. If anyone would be willing to accompany us, please email me at yamilev@ymail.com. Thank you!

Aloha
My friend and I would like to conquer this hike! If there is anyone out there with advice .. Or anyone that would like to go on September 5/6 please email me
erinskitch@hotmail.com
Mahalo!

Wife and I are here right now till next wed. If anyone wants to do this please email me at simone.lamb@Gmail.com

I will be in Oahu Sept. 10-18, looking for anyone interested in hiking up during that time, experienced or not I'm excited to make it to the top. I have a lot of experience with hiking in Oregon, can't wait to try the stairs. email me tylerbillings@gmail.com