CLOSED: Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven)

Honolulu, Hawaii
CLOSED: Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven) is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, HI that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

A powerful storm passed over the island of Oahu on 2/14/2015 which caused significant damage to the stairway, rendering them unusable. After the storm damage, five hikers got stuck on the east side of the mountain's ridge and were trapped overnight and had to be rescued.

Is anyone doing this hike August 28-31?? I'm solo and would love someone to come with!! Not keen to go at 4am lol I have a friend who went at like 10 on a Sunday ( less cops less drama) and she said it was fine!! I'm more keen to do that but will go with the flow :)) my email is
Sfeldman3@hotmail.com

Hi!
im looking for someone who has done this hike before who can lead me and 4 other people, we have never done this before and don't know what to expect!
Please E-Mail me if you think you can help us out or have done it and would like to go up there with us! We will be in wikiki Aug 31-September 12
Thanks
aguzenko@pdx.edu

Planning this hike 9/12 Monday!! Email me at starpnk@gmail.com

AMAZING. my friend and I did this trail this morning..we parked in the neighborhood about a block away from the gated fence.we arrived at about 4am and climbed through the barbed wire hole in the fence all the way to the right (you have to climb the small muddy hill) once we got over the fence we walked down the paved road until we reached the fork in the road where they're was a red sign to the left and entered the jungle we kept going straight for about 10-15 minutes in the mud/bamboo trail. after we got out of the woods we walked up and a security guard drove passed us and didn't even acknowledge us. there was a second security guard in front of the trail. as we were walking up he ironically went into the porter potty and that's when we ran up the stairs and made it up to heaven. don't leave Hawaii without conquering this hike!

Hey guys, I am planing to do the hike on Sep.5th. If anyone wants to join please contact me at nevivanova@yahoo.ca, Any tips would be appreciated too :)

Hey Guys, Anyone planing to do this trail between Sep 4,5th,6th.. please let us know.. we r keen on doing this hike.. Please email us or contact me at bheemanathi.nihar@gmail.com

hey guys! real keen on doing this hike with a few people im flying from new zealand 2moro ill be doing the hike beetween the 24th & 28th when ever its best weather
messege me on face book
Brad Johns London
is the easy way to find me or type in email
lil_b_274@hotmail.com
catch u in HI !

Hi everyone,

My friend and me from France are looking for find partners for this awesome hike. That will be our first time in Hawaii. We think to do this hike the 27, 28 or 29 August. If someone is interesting lets me know.
Have a great day.
paulinebeaufils@outlook.com
(949)-501-2993

My boyfriend and I are looking to hike the stairs on the 27th of August. If anyone is interested in joining us or even just has any tips or advice please send an email my way to ShaunteSymone@gmail.com I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

two girls here looking for another group to do this hike with! have done it twice, but not since the police have strictly enforced the law and have made it even more difficult to hike it without going through moanalua ridge first. willing to do the hike either route and anytime from the 18 - 24. email me if you wanna hike it too!!

kea0562@pacificu.edu

Hi there, I am staying in Waikiki and am looking for someone to do this hike with tomorrow morning before sunrise! Email me rchardley@gmail.com if you are interested

I will be in Hawaii from wed 17 to 26, would want to hike this trail, if anyone want to team up email me at spontaneousbackpacker@gmail.com or www.spontaneousbackpacker.com

me and 1 other guy are looking to hike this trail between 18th-22nd.either taking the ridge trail or stairs.email me if you'd be willing to go or have advice for this hike. jameslecroy744@gmail.com

Hi, I've just landed and I'm here until the 18th Aug 2016. I'm looking for someone to do the trail with. Any company would be appreciated as I really don't fancy doing it alone and the friends I'm with don't fancy it. If you're interested send me an email, thanks.

hannah_cook_1988@hotmail.co.uk

what is a recommended time to avoid the guardian ?

This was a very hard hike but definitely worth it. Prior to this hike, we reached out to so many people who did the hike but was never willing to share their insight or experiences on it. We would love to answer any questions anyone might have about the stairway to heaven! Good luck to anyone who does the hike, it'll be so worth it :)

My email is: j.annegabuten@gmail.com

I am looking for a tour guide or someone to join us. Our trip is august 28- september 5. email me at guticris90@gmail.com

Hey everyone! I'll be in oahu from August 19th to the 22nd. Looking for others interested in hiking the stairs preferably the 20th or 21st (Saturday or Sunday). If you're interested contact me at 916-969-3937 or shoot me an email at blakefischer@csus.edu !!

Hi! My friend and I are looking to do this trail Saturday or Sunday, August 13-14. Depending on weather and are looking for someone with experience who has hiked the trail before. We have done other difficult hikes but this has always been the one we have wanted to accomplish the most. Please contact me at 224-639-5005

Hi,

I'm looking for people to do this trail with me, preferably tomorrow morning or early Wednesday. If anyone is interested please let me know at sharonori@gmail.com