Kapaa to Ahihi Point

Kapaa to Ahihi Point is a 6.2 mile out and back trail located near Kapaa, HI and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

beach

It was a nice trail along the coast . Very flat , all paved bike / walking trail . Easy for all ages . My only wish is that it was longer

I loved how this trail hugs the coast and diverges from Kuhio highway after Kealia beach. I started at the Kapaa lookout, headed north about 2.5 miles at Kuna Bay before my return. There is a vine covered tunnel that links the highway to this trail at Kuna bay. There are many scenic picnic areas. My favorite was the one at the pineapple dump. Read the history on the plaques. I took a few photos and added them to my recorded track.

I tested an Osprey backpack and I am training for the Camino, so I was one of the few hikers on this trail, which is ideal for bicycles. Next time I'm in Kauai I will definitely rent a bike to be able to see the full 34 miles of this coast. Everything is well marked and there is a nice bathroom at Kealia beach.

Watch out for teenagers texting while riding bikes!