Ehukai Pillboxes

Ehukai Pillboxes is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Haleiwa, HI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

cave

Very family oriented, wide, easy, well graded trail. Only thing to watch out for are the junctions to the pillboxes and when its raining, it can get slippery. Some rope sections which could come handy when muddy and slippery.

Nice trail and easy to access from the road (by Sunset elementary school). It was dry despite a few days of on/off rain. Great views from the top and the pillbox offered some war history. The strawberry guava bushes were plentiful, with red ripe yummy fruit. The rope and stairs made the red clay trail manageable. There was one hiker with a baby on her back so it is a family friendly trail. Can get bit by mosquitoes but they don't itch for long.

cool quick hike. awesome views. recommend checking it out if your in the area.

good stuff, muddy at time but good for active families

My wife and I are not extreme hikers. We like to go for our walks when we get a chance because our 4 children's keep us busy. So we left early in morning for this small hike. It was perfect did not take too long nor it was too short of a hike. We got back to our hotel right in time before our kids got up. Awesome! View.

Nice fun quick hike. Great views at end. Muddy and slippery when raining but fun. 2nd pillbox is 0.1 miles from 1st pillbox.

Easy 15 minute hike.

Came up backside from the rear of the pillboxes. Worth the extra effort as it was less traveled. Once on the pillboxes it became crowded with tourists. Good hike. One of my favorite views of Oahu.

A beginners hike. In my opinion the east side pillboxes offer a better view. Ended the hike and felt like i did a partial hike.

Nice and short hike. I would rate it a very easy hike. Great for kids and baby wearing parents.

I liked this hike a lot. It's fairly short. But be warned, it has a steep part that can be muddy and you could slip.

Just a good ol stroll through the woods. I take my dog here often.

Great short hike. The beginning is a thigh killer than after its very flat. First pillbox is very cool. I didn't go to the 2nd because there were signs of it being on "private property," and there were "dogs." Just park at Sunset Elementary, and the trail goes up by the gate.

It's a strange path at the start since its next to a school. It's a quick hike, not too high and a pretty view of the houses and ocean below. A little difficult to get down after a downpour but there are ropes tied to some of the trees to help you.

Try to go even its not raining or recently rained. It can still be fun for this 1.65mile (there and back According to my Apple Watch) hike. The rain made it VERY slippery and hard to com back down.
Great views, fairly easy hike (if it's wet-more challenging).

Good little hike with amazing views. Try to go on a day it isn't drizzling. Trail was very muddy and we saw many people fall. We needed two hands free to hold onto trees and gain our grip- so bring a bag to hold your items. Got to see both boxes.

Gorgeous views and easy to get up! Rain made it a little slippery on the way down but it was a great hike!

Had awesome views this morning even with the rain. Personally the rain and sun combined really brings out the beauty and RAINBOWS!!!!