Aiea Loop Trail

Aiea Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aiea, HI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

'Aiea Loop Trail is a 5 mile loop trail located near Aiea, Hawaii and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful hike!

awesome hike, beautiful views. definitely bring an extra pair of shoes. very muddy

It's a nice breezy, very wet and muddy trail. Very moderate until the last 1/2 mile where it's all uphill. Kid friendly and has a gorgeous view of the H-3 highway which was breath taking.

Nice view of H3. Very slippery & wet/muddy. Great shade & you don't heat up.

Very beautiful, lovely views, shady and nice walking, very muddy and slippery.

very muddy and slippery but beautiful!

Meh, good for trail running or dog walking.

Awesome time! We hiked this today with our four girls ages 12, 11, 4 and 1. (We backpacked the 4 and 1 y.o., with no problems). We passed several families with 5/6 year olds hiking the same route.

I would rate this trail as a moderate but on the easier side of moderate. Our older girls had no problem at all. It is very muddy in small sections around the middle but overall it was very manageable. The views were spectacular. Next time we will take the trail that leads to the waterfall. This trip we stayed on the ridge. My watch clocked it at 4.6 miles and it took us just shy of 3 hours; considering we stopped for photo opps and selfies:). A great day.....highly recommend!

Hiked this trail 3 times a week over several years. Sometimes I took my daughter who was 4 at the time. Pick your days based on rainfall or you'll get muddy. A beautiful hike through the Oahu rainforest.

This was technically difficult for me an experienced trail runner. Many areas were covered in mud,slippery and close to the edge. Plan for three hours or more. I am not sure what parts of the trails the other reviews were on but if you plan to do the whole loop this was not for kids or dogs.

Pretty muddy, great areas along the trail for running, 2 hours with slow muddy areas, gorgeous views of Pearl Harbor and the H3

Did this last year quite a long time ago, from what I remembered to me as a non hiker during that time it was dangerous and not safe. Not sure what I'd review it as now, I do remember it was a good workout though! You are high up and you can see the H3 lol. I will eventually revisit one day after I do all the other trails I want to do first!

good hike for exercise, no real scenery bit a good hike.

I imagine when this trail is a little more dry, it's much easier. We caught it in a more muddy state and still very much enjoyed the challenge and the seemingly endless beautiful views. Schedule three hours and prepare to get dirty. There are public bathrooms with showers in the nearby campground (you'll emerge by the campground) so maybe bring a towel and a change of clothes.

This was a challenging hike due to the rain and mud but definitely worth it. Unfortunately you also get a view of H-3 cutting right through a beautiful valley.
Be prepared to get muddy. There are several logs that you will need to climb over/under. Give yourself at least 4 hours to enjoy the many scenic views throughout the trail.

super easy trail... jogged most of it. very flat, but some great vista points. not very crowded either. perfect for a dog walk and kids of any age.

I love this hike!! Amazing views

Cool hike, the waterfall isn't far off of the loop trail. Campos available with permit as well. Family friendly area by trailhead with tables and all.