Aiea Loop Trail

Aiea Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aiea, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Follow H-1 to Moanalua Highway (Route 78). Take the Aiea cutoff to the third traffic light, make a right turn at Aiea Heights Drive and follow it about 3 miles up to the end of the road. Continue on the on-way park road to the trailhead.

Good views!

First time on this trail. Car parked next to me got its windows smashed

Parking can be a challenge. There are three parking areas. I parked at the first after circling once. It's okay since the counterclockwise trail ends at the second parking and the short walk to the car was down hill.

The trail is wide at most spots buts does narrow and gets rough and muddy. There were several people on the trail with small kids in carriers. Good luck. They looked beat less than midway through.

Most of the trail is covered by trees so the sun and heat were not a problem. Some bugs near the end when you cross the creek. Good hike. Took under two hours to go the 4.5 miles.

Highly recommend going the the Aiea Bowl afterwards.

Very family friendly loop. There are great spots along the way to take a break and enjoy the scenery. The trail is wide and well marked and give how popular it is, the path is well worn in. There is one section on the back half where it is a bit more muddy and a bit more challenging. Over all, I enjoyed this loop a lot. I plan on repeating this one for sure!

I took my 4 year old and 13 month old. Not a good idea on my behalf. First half is "kid friendly" and then it gets a little crazy with switchbacks, steep edges, and mud. I would say only 1 view is worth seeing and the other two view spots are just ok. Multiple spots on the second half had logs you have to crawl under or over. The hike would obviously be better if I were alone and on a trail run or something. However, the part that annoyed me was that there are no real mile markers and when we finally made it out we had to walk up the road back to our car. Again, I had a 4 year old on my shoulders and a 13 month old on my back so I was pretty much beat. Thank goodness for this app for showing me my place on the trail and getting me and my kiddos out safely.

The trail is fairly flat and a little steep around the edges. There is also a nice view of the mountains around H-3. Only thing kind of odd about this trail is that it ends in this grassy knoll with picnic benches. You have to cross the grass, walk up the stairs, and walk up the road back to the starting point.

Overall, I really enjoyed hiking through this forest-y loop and stopping at the lookout points. I am curious to check out the surrounding state park!

It's a good workout however, it doesn't have spectacular view and its muddy therefore compare with other trails 3 stars it's too much

A great loop trail with plenty to explore in the adjoins park including a temple. The loop is relatively flat but the terrain around it it steep.

Good afternoon run.