Vineyard Mountain Trail

Vineyard Mountain Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cartersville, GA. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

It was a real workout considering we started midday. The route we took the yellow marking was a little over 3 miles. We went to the Altoona Dam from the beginning point off of Red Top Mountain Road. A little tired since we done 6 miles atop of Pine Mountain on Saturday the day before. So I'm resting on my bed tonite with my wife Tera. We will do it again

Lovely trail and a good challenging hike. We missed the red trail to the top and had to do a little back tracking to pick it up. The lake was also beautiful although most views are through the trees.

This was one adventurous trail - we took our kids on it and hiked in a single file line due to narrow trail. Up and down (and up and down again!) so wear good shoes! Perfect if you're looking for a more challenging time.

A secluded place to hike or trail run peacefully.
I prefer trail running solo, and was perfect for me.
Surrounded by beautiful water bodies.

I did all three trails. It was extremely strenuous but enjoyable.

It was great!
I'm not going to lie I thought I was going to die at about 2 miles in. I guess it wasn't the best starter trail for a 50 year old!

great trail

This trail is not like the others in Red Top, the trail is narrow with lots of rocks. There are two additional sub trails near the end. I ended up with 6.5 miles total out and back.

Not a bad trail. I didn't really find any good views during late spring but there may be good views of the lake when the trees don't have their leaves. The trail itself is nice and challenging. My plan was to take the main trail and take the advanced and intermediate trails to the end, then walk the main trail back to my car. You can see these trails on the map uploaded on this page. I actually ended up missing the southern beginning of the red-blazed, advanced trail. The red trail is not very well marked here. So, I ended up taking the red trail back towards where I started instead of forward. I missed the blue trail and the rest of the yellow trail. All in all, I probably missed about 3/4th's of a mile but other than that, the trail was great. It was well marked and there was a lot of green, which was great. I want to come back and complete the trail that I missed. Definitely recommend.

It's seems to go on forever, A fun and challenging Trail..:)

Great hike, well maintained and marked, BUT..it is not 5.2 miles out and back. Just look at the map I posted and do the math. It is almost 4 miles one way, depending on which path you take. I started on the trailhead off of Red Top Mtn Rd and took the Yellow path, Red path, then Yellow until the end. On the way back I took the Blue path and then stayed on the Yellow, a little shorter, but close to 8 miles round trip. I saw one family and one couple with a dog. This I liked! Plenty of up and down, and the advanced Red path will give you an extra work out. The Yellow path is definitely moderate, and I'd say a few spots difficult. I did NOT like the fact that at least 1/3 of the Yellow path is behind a McMansion neighborhood, and when you are in one spot, you are literally in someone's back yard. It is weird to say the least. They are still building in this area, and the neighborhood kind of ruins this part of the trail. I hiked this for the first time in the middle of winter, so I imagine in the Spring and Summer you will not be able to see these 'homes' all that well. Hopefully. All in all, great hike and workout! Just be prepared for longer than 5 miles if you plan on going end to end and back (round trip). Beautiful views of the damn at Lake Allatoona and the lake itself.

Great hike. Did the yellow to the end, then reversed on blue, red and yellow. Good climb on the way back and even saw 3 deer. Will do it again.

II zLove this trail. It offers some choices and it is never crowded. The red trail offers as challenging of a hill as you will find on the Cobb Bartow area trails. It's

This trail feels like it take s forever! When u get to the top of a strenuous hill before you turn around near the dam there is no real view. Just a tower and a building. Having said that, a great workout.

Good day hike. Challenging enough to be entertaining but not impossible. At one point we lost the blazes until we looked UP. Only two other parties on the trail that day but it runs up behind a neighborhood near the start. Would've been 5 stars if it was more remote.

Nice hike - lot of hills though. In some parts, it is easy to lose the trail - ended up walking up the rear fence of someone's home. Put pictures of the rocky area where we lost the trail momentarily.

Would do it again. Please take Bug protection. Found a tick crawling on me when we came out.

There were a couple of spots with beautiful ferns.

We were the only ones on the trail despite the path being worn.