Vineyard Mountain Trail

Vineyard Mountain Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cartersville, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

...and everyone went hiking today. Middle of January and it's in the low 70's. This trail has a lot of up and down with a few level spots to even out your heart rate. I would consider it moderate with a spot or two that would be hard. I gave it three stars because for the first mile or so you're walking through backyards. Lots of lake views this time of year.

it was a good hike but the maps were deceiving ended up in the wrong.spot had to Uber back.

Great day with lake views and some climbing and great view of the dam. Some deer and no one else on this less used trail

Loved this trail!

Good hike, rocky trail, some views of the lake.

It was a real workout considering we started midday. The route we took the yellow marking was a little over 3 miles. We went to the Altoona Dam from the beginning point off of Red Top Mountain Road. A little tired since we done 6 miles atop of Pine Mountain on Saturday the day before. So I'm resting on my bed tonite with my wife Tera. We will do it again

Lovely trail and a good challenging hike. We missed the red trail to the top and had to do a little back tracking to pick it up. The lake was also beautiful although most views are through the trees.

This was one adventurous trail - we took our kids on it and hiked in a single file line due to narrow trail. Up and down (and up and down again!) so wear good shoes! Perfect if you're looking for a more challenging time.

A secluded place to hike or trail run peacefully.
I prefer trail running solo, and was perfect for me.
Surrounded by beautiful water bodies.