Unicoi State Park Bike Trails

Unicoi State Park Bike Trails is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sautee Nacoochee, GA that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

I stayed at Unicoi for a week and tried out the trail with two of my kids. I normally rode bike but this was a complete different beast. it was great and look forward to riding trails. I'm going to go back next week and do the 8 miles at least once a day.

Ran this trail in a Dirty Spokes race. Seems like this trail is mostly uphiils, but there are some steep downhills as well. The trail is in decent condition, but there are several technical areas. I rode my bike on this trail a week prior and oddly enough I was able to run it faster than with a bike. Overall great experience.

The three downhill sections on this loop are intense. I picked up some wicked speed on DH#2, which is kind of scary given the large amount of rocks. There's a ton of climbing, but you're well rewarded for your efforts. Moderate difficulty.

Me and the family had a great time camping, fishing and hiking at the park. The camp areas were well maintained, just a reminder you are the biggest help for the park. With that said, there is was something for everyone to chose for the days activity. I will definitely revisit just for the good times that we had playing in the streams and the clean air.

Found this trail on dirty spokes website. Going to run it in 3 weeks. All I can say is its in the mountains. Alot of straight up and downs. Took 1:45 to complete on my bike. Couldn't go fast because of the tough terrain. But I'll be back for more later on. Dirty Spokes Unicoi, here I come

Definitely moderate to strenuous. Not difficult technically, just lots of long ups and downs. First couple of miles not easy, then again miles 6-7 have two tough climbs. If you are intermediate like me it's worth it. Had to hike parts of the long inclines but mile 4-5 is like a wonderful oasis around a long creek with nice bridge and bench, crosses the hiking trail and it's beautiful. If you don't have the stamina for the 8 miles you can exit from there and skip the two largest inclines, but I suggest you at least try pressing forward since the next incline you can hike and it has astounding view of the creek below. This is worth the work because of the oasis! If you are a b Only things I don't like about it are lots of it is old fire road with red clay, and also at about mile 6 you go through the Helen waste water spray field but it seemed clean. Don't be fooled at the trailhead in Unicoy since the trail starts by crossing an open field. Avoid the $5 parking there if you can get a ride or carpool. About mile 6, there is an exit to Helen if you want to stop and see town a bit.

Excellent ride, had the whole trail to ourselves this afternoon. There several tough climbs with some very steep but good down hills. The trail was over 8 mi as we passed the marker and although we are not that fast it took about 2 1/2 hours.

Excellent ride, had the whole trail to ourselves this afternoon. There several tough climbs with som very steep but good down hills. The trail was over 8 mi as we passed the marker and although we are not that fast it took about 2 1/2 hours.

Great easy hike for kids! Right in town.

Made the hike on the Unicoi/Helen Trail (wich follows and crosses the bike trail) Nice hike with a few areas that make you work for it. Far enough away from town to be woodsy and close enough for comfort. It is worth a peak.

Nice morning walk, very easy and enjoyable. We only tapped into one 2.5 trail around Smith Creek. Will definitely explore more next time.