Tumbling Waters Trail

Tumbling Waters Trail is a 1.3 mile out and back trail located near Ellijay, Georgia that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing.

The falls were beautiful and can be seen from several different vantage points. We took our 3 boys and spent half a day enjoying the hike. Plenty of parking and a restroom available at the trail entrance.

good hike to do with kids!

I'm glad I had directions from this app, because there are not many signs. Never saw anything saying Tumbling Waters Trail; just Ridgeway Park at Carters Lake.
Nice easy walk, but watch your step from all the rocks sticking up from the ground. The bridge, at lower falls, is really cool. Then once over the bridge, it's another short walk to get to the overlook, and upper falls. On this side of bridge is where you can walk down to water. Before you cross the bridge, you will see a sign 'to overlook'. This is a higher overlook with limited visibility, due to the trees and you can't access waters edge from this side.
One last thing: be careful of tics. I brought my Labrador with me and when I stopped on bridge, to take a picture, I noticed a tic on her neck. Once I looked her over, I pulled off another 4-5.

Thoroughly enjoyed this hike with my wife. Leaves not out yet so you can see terrain really well. Two falls. Fun and relaxing.

short and sweet

Beautiful trail. Breathtaking views, especially the waterfalls and grill spaces opening up into a lake surrounded by forest. Disheartened to see so many trees being taken down along the trail, some even intersecting rhe trail itself. One can still pass by climbing over or ducking under. It looks as if their building on the grounds to turn it into a bigger state park facility however feel it will lose some of its essence in the process. I love the trail as is, already... leave it. Please.