Tumbling Waters Trail

Tumbling Waters Trail is a 1.3 mile out and back trail located near Ellijay, GA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing.

good hike to do with kids!

I'm glad I had directions from this app, because there are not many signs. Never saw anything saying Tumbling Waters Trail; just Ridgeway Park at Carters Lake.
Nice easy walk, but watch your step from all the rocks sticking up from the ground. The bridge, at lower falls, is really cool. Then once over the bridge, it's another short walk to get to the overlook, and upper falls. On this side of bridge is where you can walk down to water. Before you cross the bridge, you will see a sign 'to overlook'. This is a higher overlook with limited visibility, due to the trees and you can't access waters edge from this side.
One last thing: be careful of tics. I brought my Labrador with me and when I stopped on bridge, to take a picture, I noticed a tic on her neck. Once I looked her over, I pulled off another 4-5.

Thoroughly enjoyed this hike with my wife. Leaves not out yet so you can see terrain really well. Two falls. Fun and relaxing.

short and sweet

Beautiful trail. Breathtaking views, especially the waterfalls and grill spaces opening up into a lake surrounded by forest. Disheartened to see so many trees being taken down along the trail, some even intersecting rhe trail itself. One can still pass by climbing over or ducking under. It looks as if their building on the grounds to turn it into a bigger state park facility however feel it will lose some of its essence in the process. I love the trail as is, already... leave it. Please.

Very quick & simple hike but well worth the trip. The falls are beautiful and fun to play in.

It is nice.Quick, convenient little hike,. Go there pretty often. They have just built a new bridge. They also seem to be cutting trees and doing some work?

nice day with family , pretty moderate steep in places , erked the walking bridge was closed . I would have enjoyed it more if we had been able to access the bridge to the other side . we could only view the falls and river from under the bridge not easy to get down the steep terrain and off trail , and the small viewing deck over the falls , dont know why my pictures are turned sideways they were not sideways on my photo library . we also cooked at the picnic tables and the boat ramp , nice day use area as well.

not a place that I would revisit , but I would go back to fish ...and the river /falls and day use area is accessible by boat .

This is a short trail but very nice and worth doing no doubt. There is a nice bridge too, but it's been closed for a couple of years now so that was the only downside I had last time I hiked this. It's a good one for younger kids to enjoy too (ages 4 and up).

This is a simple hike that is well worth it if you are already in the area. I have combined it with other trails around Carter's Lake. If you are up for the apple festival or other festivals, it would be a nice break/escape for those that would otherwise be stuck wandering craft fairs of family quilts, tin cats and funnel cakes.