The Wolfden Trail

The Wolfden Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Warm Springs, GA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy/Moderate hike with various terrain, hills, rocks, and water falls. Great family outing!

My black lab and I are novice hikers, and we loved this trail! Well marked, multiple kinds of terrain, friendly folks along the way, and plenty of nice deep water spots for a happy dog to romp in.

I would call this trail moderate and awesome!

Great choice if you like water, rolling to semi mountainous terrain and solitude. For winter hikes it's excellent. Since it includes a stretch of the Pine Mountain Trail, the hike can be extended very easily.
Great overnight hike for sure!

Great trail with lots of water crossings

Great trail with waterfalls and a wolf den.

Great place to hike. All the creeks to cross make it a little more fun!

Awesome

You can reach three small falls within the first three miles. A huge loblolly pine is 3.5-4 miles in and a great view of surrounding mountains the last leg. Great hike!

fun hike featuring a nice stream to keep you company and handful of waterfalls to wet your sweaty necks.

A very beautiful trail. Went in winter when it was icy. Lots of waterfalls!!

Love this trail! I went with my two kids and they loved it as well. This trail is pretty easy with only a few areas that are difficult for small children. As others have stated the Eastern side is the most scenic and by far my favorite. I will definitely return during the spring... Hopefully to do some camping!!

Nice hike. Especially down and over the creeks...watch your step...can be a bit slippery...falls are really nice...don't be fooled...the water is plenty cold...

If there's one thing I have to say about this trail, it's this: bring waterproof boots. There's lots of rocks, and lots of mud, especially on the eastern side of this trail that goes along the river. It's a great hike, nevertheless! I only got winded once about three miles in on the very northern side, so it's pretty good for beginners. This trail eastern side of this trail seemed to be a lot busier than the rest of it. A lot of families on the eastern side, while only the hobbyist hikers were on the western side. I would recommend this trail, and I will probably attempt the 23-mile loop that surrounds The Wolfden Trail sometime in the spring.

Easy to Moderate loop. We only hiked in the afternoon this past December but I hope to go back and camp atop the rock cliff next time.

Easy to moderate loop.

very fun trail, full of beautiful views. It gets a little confusing when you reach the bumblebee campsite, where you are suppose to go, but just continue following the blue marked trail. Some parts of the trail get very narrow from the brush so make sure to wear tick spray.