The Pocket Trail

The Pocket Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lafayette, GA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike for us with our 3 year old! Waterfalls were beautiful.

I was finally able to catch the flowers in bloom. They were beautiful.

I think it may be more accurate to call this the Pocket Branch Falls Trail. There is a sign at the trailhead parking for the Pocket Branch Trail which appears to be a different route than the one I took and most people are describing in the reviews. The route to the falls starts off with the Shirley Miller Wildflower Trail and goes from that boardwalk area to a less manicured trail that follows the creek to the falls. The falls appear to be rain dependent but they were nice when I was there, and they have an interesting natural step feature. I will try to add some photos. I went on 3/15/2015. Just a very few flowers at that time. We were moving pretty slowly and this was still a very short hike.

I didn't see any wildflowers. Must have missed them by a week or two !?!? Trail not very well marked. Neat cove area with a waterfall was the highlight.