Tallulah Gorge Trail

Tallulah Gorge Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakemont, GA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Saturday in November is busy at the Gorge. But it sure was beautiful, despite the crowd. We had hoped to get a permit to hike the bottom trail, but due to "water releasing" today and tomorrow, the trail was closed and no hiking was allowed. I'm rating our visit three stars due to crowds, no access to the bottom trail (which is why we made the visit in the first place) and lack of notice that the best trail in the park was closed for the weekend.

Love this trail, the gorge is beautiful and I like how the trail goes from stairs to crossing the water and through the base of the gorge. Be sure to get your gorge pass before going down the metal steps cause it's a long way back up if you forget :)

We did the Gorge Floor hike. definitely recommend going down if you can! Two river crossings and a primitive trail over boulders, across slick rocks and up the side of the gorge! Best birthday present ever!

My first ever legit hike. We went to the floor and came out the rim, omg I thought I'd wasn't going to make it. This one definitely tested me but I won. It was a great feeling coming out the trail head on the other side. I will definitely do it again!!

Got here early on a weekday mid summer. I got pretty crowded after a couple of hours, but that was the only drawback for me. The falls were really nice. This is definitely a very beautiful hike. The water drowns out all noise of civilization very quickly. Easy to lose yourself in the beauty of the scenery despite all the people. The rock slide and pool at the end is awesome as well!

Show up early. Go to the floor. Do it!

Always a treat!

Beautiful, well maintained, stairs were strenuous

Falls were very pretty but the hike was very crowded and mostly stairs. If you can get there early so you can get permits to go down to the sliding rocks(they only let out 100 a day). The hike to the sliding rocks was a lot of Boulder crawling and definitely a challenge. The sliding rocks were a lot fun and very smooth. Be careful when swimming around in the pool at the bottom it goes from very deep to very shallow quickly and there are some sharp rocks at the down river. Sliced my foot on one of the rocks, and a ranger was down relatively quickly and was helpful. Even after cutting open my foot I would go to the sliding rock area at the gorge again, but next time I'll keep my sandals on while I swim.

Had a great time with the family, all the stairs were a bit much for the 6 year old.

Great trail! Nice day With the family

Loved it! Love the waterfall and bridge. The stairs killed me going back up. I saw families with little kids, to me it is too dangerous for little kids.